Latest CD you bought...

Holy FUCK!
I bought the new "Visions of Atlantis" album yeaterday. It's called "Eternal Endless Infinity". This is great stuff! Melodic metal with operatic female vocals, and their music is very similar to Nightwish. The singer, Nicole, is only 18 years old, and she has a amazing voice..very soprano, heh..
My favorite tracks are "Lovebearing Storm" and "Lords of the Sea"..great songs!
If you're into Nightwish you should definetly check out this album..
it has a great cover btw :)

NP: VOA - Lords of the Sea

The results of my mish today:

Michael Schenker Group - Assault Attack
Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes, Animal Magnetism
Tygers Of Pan Tang - Spellbound, Crazy Nights

All on vinyl for the combined total of a mere £11.50! I love second-hand shops! :D

Cool! Hope you guys enjoy it, have 'em play Love Potion #9 for me ;) Tokyo Tapes is a damn good album, also :)

Today I bought Bent Out Of Shape by Rainbow, but the real meat was saved for the package that finally arrived today: EDDIE'S ARCHIVE!!! :D :D :D

*runs off to Maiden thread*

OK here's my recent haul of prog power:

Pagans Mind - Celestial Entrance
Wizards - The Kingdom
Mob Rules - Hollowed be thy Name
John West - Earth Maker
Pegazus - Headless Horseman
Wolf - Black Wings
Narnia - Long live the King

Of course I've yet to listen to any of them yet...any idea which should go into the CD player first?

I've heard those two are standouts.

However, I hear Wolf are a very Maiden-esque band, which always sparks an interest. Wizards are supposed to sound like Angra.

I'll let you know when they get unwrapped....the PQ CD 'seems' to be stuck in my CD player so these other guys might have to wait a while. :D

Heres my latest purchases, all rather masterful and metal i might add \m/

Stratovarius, Destiny
Virgin steele, house of atryus act 1
Kamalot, The fourth crusade
Moonsorrow, Voimasta ja kunniasta
Running Wild, Under jolly roger

I love tower records 4.99 symphonies of steel specials!:D

Today I bought :

Celesty - Reign of Elements
Very good power!

Lord of the Rings Two Towers Soundtrack
Howard Shore is a genius!
Going to see "the two towers" this wednesday! Can't wait!

I will buy Beholder's new album tomorrow..:)

NP: Beholder - The Ring of Freedom :headbang:

I've just got a couple of tribute albums. Powergod's "Bleed for the Gods", and Nuclear Blast's all star Maiden tribute, "A tribute to the beast". Both have some good tracks, but given the quality of both Powergod and the participants on the Maiden tribute, both were surprisingly lacklustre overall.

Wizards - The Kingdom

Talk about being nicely surpised! If anyone likes Angra (and who wouldn't?), then check out this band. Very good, and very mature sounding considering it's a debut.

Yeah just don't judge the book by the cover (they don't sound as cheesy as they look)....

wizards-the_kingdom.jpg

They don't seem cheesy..:p
Maybe I will check them out..though, I don't think they have the album here in Norway..I mean, it's a pretty unknown brazilian band..hoping to get it after xmas :)