Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Tokyo Showdown

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Reroute to Remain

Votes: 50 60.2%

• Total voters
SunlapseVertigo said:
that was an idiotic comment.
no, it wasn't. I think that Lunar Strain & Subteranean are better then RTR. Lots of great melodies and the vocals are amazing! :headbang:
And RTR is not IF style!!

JesteR-7 said:
no, it wasn't. I think that Lunar Strain & Subteranean are better then RTR. Lots of great melodies and the vocals are amazing! :headbang:
And RTR is not IF style!!
it was an idiot comment because he was calling me a fool for voting LS. i think its their worst. hands down. and if people cant accept the fact that everyone has their own opinion then they are the fool.

SunlapseVertigo said:
it was an idiot comment because he was calling me a fool for voting LS. i think its their worst. hands down. and if people cant accept the fact that everyone has their own opinion then they are the fool.
Ok, it's true that everyone has his/her own opinion. But can you tell me, why tha vocals on RTR (chorus) sound so popish? In Flames are melodic death metal or not?! Dark Tranquillity and In Flames are the starters of this genre. So, if they want to change their music style, they should aslo change their name and start as a new band, cuz RTR and Trigger are not their style. This is my opinion!

JesteR-7 said:
Ok, it's true that everyone has his/her own opinion. But can you tell me, why tha vocals on RTR (chorus) sound so popish? In Flames are melodic death metal or not?! Dark Tranquillity and In Flames are the starters of this genre. So, if they want to change their music style, they should aslo change their name and start as a new band, cuz RTR and Trigger are not their style. This is my opinion!
ok.... if you describe the chorus vocals as "popish" thats your own opinion.... but id rather listen to what i'd like then label things in such ways.... Anders isn't the best singer, but I tend to like these "popish" vocals, especially over the boring rasps of LS. so what does that matter to me?

In Flames have changed from the beginning, yes. I think the only album I would describe as melodic death metal would be LS. I don't really hear any "death" in TJR on. but thats definatley not a bad thing, as I think any album after LS is better of course. But they haven't changed so much that they should change their name. In Flames found their niche in albums like Whoracle or Colony, which differed from the debut. A lot of bands have quite different debuts. And as for RTR, they still have the core sound and ideas of In Flames, just with a shitload of other influences in there. Thats just my opinion, take it or leave it.

i would vote for trigger if it was there, i voted for R2R, lunar strain is the best album in my opinion, then black ash, then whoracle, then TJR, then colony, then subterranian, then clayman, then TTSD, then R2R, then trigger. And yes...in flames has always been melodic death until clayman came out, so whoever said their not doesnt know what theyre talking about, or doesnt know what death metal is...nowdays i'd just call them...crap

Black Tears said:
i would vote for trigger if it was there, i voted for R2R, lunar strain is the best album in my opinion, then black ash, then whoracle, then TJR, then colony, then subterranian, then clayman, then TTSD, then R2R, then trigger. And yes...in flames has always been melodic death until clayman came out, so whoever said their not doesnt know what theyre talking about, or doesnt know what death metal is...nowdays i'd just call them...crap
go to the general music discussion and start a poll asking if In Flames are death metal or not. i dare you.

Yeah only 90%+ of these forums think its the worst. It's not exactly a fair poll, there would be better results without it being there, and maybe even better discussion on why.

you missed my point though..... the only way the poll is fair would be to include all albums. because you can't just imply that everyone thinks RTR is the worst. if it was off, Colony for example or any other would get more votes. but thats not true, because they would have put RTR instead. So lets say 12 people put Colony, that would be like saying "12 people who voted think Colony is the worst IF album" which would be an untrue statement. Therefore this is a fair poll.