Lee jackson gp 1000II

They'd probably make it worse, just to fuck with everyone. It's the same name but just isn't AS good as Alexi's LOL!

I think we should have a COB gear thread as a sticky. That way, ANY questions regarding Alexi's guitars, rack, tone, pickups, boosters, bracelts, Roope & Henkka's stuff too can all be asked in there. Instead, we get threads made asking "how do i get alexis tone wiv a boss pedal?" It's just fucking stupid.

This sounds like a good idea. As soon as someone makes a new thread or bumps an old one suitable for this purpose, I'll be sure to make it a sticky.

530e4dfe63551dc0d0895c128fd41010.jpeg

Would love to see a Lee Jackson pre amp in the synergy system.
I probably wouldn't care for it. The synergy stuff is too expensive compared to the 19" stuff you can get. Lee Jackson has no credibility left after the fact he didn't do any of the shit he said he'd do. Ffs, he still to this day hasn't gotten around to it. Its not like its a complicated circuit. Just a true to original reissue would sufffice.

I probably wouldn't care for it. The synergy stuff is too expensive compared to the 19" stuff you can get. Lee Jackson has no credibility left after the fact he didn't do any of the shit he said he'd do. Ffs, he still to this day hasn't gotten around to it. Its not like its a complicated circuit. Just a true to original reissue would sufffice.

I really dig the synergy stuff just for the flexibility. Granted, I mostly stick to the SLO module, but the others I have sound great. I think modules are priced fairly, but the pre-amp racks and amps are a little high for what they are. The SYN-2 really needs an IR loader and the ability to run both modules in stereo, but seeing as their factory/HQ just burned down in LA... we prob won't see much new from them for a while :(

I really dig the synergy stuff just for the flexibility. Granted, I mostly stick to the SLO module, but the others I have sound great. I think modules are priced fairly, but the pre-amp racks and amps are a little high for what they are. The SYN-2 really needs an IR loader and the ability to run both modules in stereo, but seeing as their factory/HQ just burned down in LA... we prob won't see much new from them for a while :(

I heard it was just the neighbouring building to Boutique Amp Distribution that burned down. Friedman, Diezel and the others were supposedly okay. I just keep wondering how they could get the same tone kn the Synergy preamps, when cloning preamps that use way more than two preamp tubes.

I heard it was just the neighbouring building to Boutique Amp Distribution that burned down. Friedman, Diezel and the others were supposedly okay. I just keep wondering how they could get the same tone kn the Synergy preamps, when cloning preamps that use way more than two preamp tubes.

Not really sure how cool the mods here are about off topic stuff, but yeah, I agree. I don't know how it's done, but it's amazing what they've been able to pull off. There are technically 3 pre-amp tubes since the SYN-1 and SYN-2 also have a tube.

In terms of the fire, I'm not sure either. I had a module on pre-order with Sweetwater, but my rep suggested I either buy it elsewhere in stock or be prepared for a significate wait.

Damn I also have a Bogner pedal on order from them.

My guess they're doing it with lots of diode clipping, opamps, mosfets, jfets, etc. Tubes aren't the only way to get distortion/tone. In fact most amps we think of as "all tube" use diode clipping.

Damn I also have a Bogner pedal on order from them.

My guess they're doing it with lots of diode clipping, opamps, mosfets, jfets, etc. Tubes aren't the only way to get distortion/tone. In fact most amps we think of as "all tube" use diode clipping.

I'd like to contest that statement. Like its not most amps we think of as all tube, that has semiconductor sorcery in them. ENGLs, Diezels, Mesas, Bogners, Soldanos, and stuff like that don't. I realize a lot of Marshall stuff has diode clipping, but just avoid those :rofl: uh and HT series Blackstar..

Not sure how easy it is to find schematics for boutique amps, but I suspect some of those mentioned do it as well. Well, I mean nothing wrong with it. People after all love putting shitty $80 overdrives in front of their $4000 tube amps.

Not sure how easy it is to find schematics for boutique amps, but I suspect some of those mentioned do it as well. Well, I mean nothing wrong with it. People after all love putting shitty $80 overdrives in front of their $4000 tube amps.
Yea, people who haven't found the JE-1000 and it's clones. I've owned a Boss SD-1 5 or 6 times now, and I might want to get one again if i ever have have/have to use a guitar with onboard boost. Maybe Waza next time.

I'm sorry if i come off cork sniffer like.
That list, was purely the builders I'm pretty sure doesn't put in a bunch of opamps and diodes. Marshall, though they will always have a place in my heart, have really been pushing it since the 80's. The JVM should be without any of that stuff though.

Not to be a that guy, but could you maybe tell me about some amps that use diode or opamp clipping that I don't already know about?

If was thinking mainly about Marshall which has such a massive devoted cork-sniffing following. I don't know which ones you know about. Nor am I even sure about the ones I suspect, since I'm going by numbers of tubes, functions, and number of channels. More interesting would be to know which ones for certain only use tube gain stages, and what that sounds like.