Lee jackson gp 1000II

If was thinking mainly about Marshall which has such a massive devoted cork-sniffing following. I don't know which ones you know about. Nor am I even sure about the ones I suspect, since I'm going by numbers of tubes, functions, and number of channels. More interesting would be to know which ones for certain only use tube gain stages, and what that sounds like.

During the race for more distortion in the mid and late 80's and up through the 90's Marshall did use diode clipping in some amps. It's definitely in the JCM800 2205/2210 and the combo versions of these. Then in the Jubilees and its derivatives. JCM900 has them in the much loathed 4100 Dual reverb and the MK III. The JMP-1 preamp, and of course everything Valvestate/AVT.

The 2100/2500 SL-X doesn't interestingly, and those are killer sleeper amps. Thrash all day. The 6100 anniversary, 1923 Jim Marshall, VM, JCM2000 and everything beyoynd are free.

I seem like a cork sniffer, but really I'm not. My rig besides the rack I'm building around the ENGL E530 and Rocktron Velocity is a Peavey Bandit RedStripe Transtube with a few pedals. I keep going back and forth between using the Peaveys distortion and messing with different distortion pedals.

Interestingly enough, Alexi said in his biography, that for years and year COB had it in their tour rider that venues had to have two JCM900 Dual Reverbs as backups if all their gear should fail.