Let's all take a moment and appreciate a really good song that ain't metal

Prismatic Sphere

We Carouse
Jul 18, 2002
In A Bowl Of Chili
www.lp.org
"Change It" - Stevie Ray Vaughn

http://play.rhapsody.com/stevierayvaughan/greatesthits/track-8?didAutoplayBounce=true

I lived in the south for a lot of years and one thing that they've got which we haven't got is the roll in rock-n-roll. In the north(or at least in New York), no one(for the most part) just sits back and converses with someone randomly about how good such and such a song was that they've just heard.

This song demonstartes just that; a killer groove and rhythm with an awesome melody.

:headbang: Enjoy!

All that Rhapsody stuff kinda discourages me from ever hearing it. Sorry...

I would've gone with a song which has an interesting take on a short story in the Bible....by a band named after a geographic territory in America.....figure out that one.

So.. are we supposed to list a song that isn't metal that we like?

Let's see...

Any Rush song ever
Any Pink Floyd Song ever
Frank Zappa's stuff
Any Yes song ever

There.

Oh, and Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Sun is better imo.

Hmm, this list will be rather random:

Moonlight Sonata is awesome
Muse Breaks RMX by Infected Mushroom
Blue by Yoko Kanno..actually anything from the Cowboy Bebop OSTs
hmm...that Porcupine Tree song, Arriving Anywhere but not Here I think it is...something along those lines.

Prismatic Sphere said:
"Change It" - Stevie Ray Vaughn

I lived in the south for a lot of years and one thing that they've got which we haven't got is the roll in rock-n-roll. In the north(or at least in New York), no one(for the most part) just sits back and converses with someone randomly about how good such and such a song was that they've just heard.

This song demonstartes just that; a killer groove and rhythm with an awesome melody.

:headbang: Enjoy!

Great post. I was born and raised in Alabama (The Southeastern US for you European guys.) I have been all over the world, but have never lived anywhere else. I also don't plan on living anywhere else.
I listen to about 90% metal and 5% prog rock, and the final 5% is typically rock and roll. Contrary to belief, as big as country music is in "The South" I would say Southern Rock and Classic Rock is really your typical "rednecks" music of choice in my particular area.
We Southerners do have some hidden secrets like Brother Cane and Blackfoot though. Good rock and roll music is indeed hard to find, but it is out there. Though I typically frown on "radio rock" both Fuel and Three Doors Down are pretty good bands. Do they sound like a lot of other radio bands.... yes, but only because other radio rock bands try to sound like them. Fuel came from Tennesse and Three Doors Down from Mississippi. For you non-Southerners, Staind is also one of the few really good quality radio rock bandsout there and they hail from the New England area.

P.S. I am also a proud libertarian.

Bryant

I had tickets to catch SRV in Lubbock three days after his helicopter crashed. That absolutely sucked. He is still one of my favorites though. His take on Little Wing is bone chilling. That still gets me every time.

I did get to see him live in Albuquerque though. I think it was '89-ish. That was incredible. My friends were too metal to even listen to the guy, let alone go to a concert. I went by myself and had a great time absorbing the vibe. Life Without You - mm hmm.