Lets have a pics thread :)

Wow...now I really feel like a metal relic.

Ah well...I was there in the day and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I agree 100% (I graduated in '82) and also would NOT want to be 18 in 2008.
As cheesy as the late 70's & 80's were, there was a LOT of great music to be had....

p.s. Cool basement Ken! I wish I had a more stable climate in mine (without costing tons of $s)

I was 18 in 2003. :lol: Grew up on 80s, 90s music.

I don't know what I'll do when winter comes... we have space heaters... :lol:

Wise choice, or smart nudging by your folks ;)
My issue isn't so much the temp, but the humidity. I had originally planned my basement bedroom to be a studio of sorts, but that's when I was making a good living. Now I can barely afford guitar strings... :erk:

I'm 20 in 2008 and let me tell ya, it sucks!
Sometimes I wish I lived my teenage years/early 20's in the 80's or something, that would be way cooler.

It was glorious. Metal was still cool, played on the radio, and there were so many cool gigs around, you had to pick & choose which ones to go to, because you couldn't possibly make all of them. People were cooler to each other, and there was much more socializing amongst strangers. Now everybody stays mostly within their little groups, and rarely stray outside their saftey zone. It's a LOT different now...:erk::erk:

I'm 20 in 2008 and let me tell ya, it sucks!
Sometimes I wish I lived my teenage years/early 20's in the 80's or something, that would be way cooler.

My kids say the same thing...my older boys are 15 and 17 and they are heavily involved in the music scene but even they feel it's not the same. It was a free time and so much was changing in music...metal especially was growing, guitar equipment and techniques were changing...it was an exciting time. The first video games were coming out, VCR's, MTV...it was very cool.

yeah very right, music nowadays is so similar , it's getting so rare to find a band that really surprises n takes the hell out of you . Wish i've been born earlier to assist to the best part of it , now most of the great bands weather have lost members or they are too old :erk:

yeah very right, music nowadays is so similar , it's getting so rare to find a band that really surprises n takes the hell out of you . Wish i've been born earlier to assist to the best part of it , now most of the great bands weather have lost members or they are too old :erk:
I think there are some really cool bands out there, but you just have to find them.

Battles, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Secret Chiefs 3.... just to name a few.

Yeah, there's plenty of great music out there. It's just that so little of it gets any exposure because of the way the music industry works. :( That's why I love stuff like Pandora Radio.

As many of you know, i work for the state. Not surprisingly, there is a lot of stupid shit that happens in these offices, but someone has outdone themselves and launched stupidity to a whole new level.

051508_10021.jpg

I mean... seriously? You don't know how to operate a light switch? You can't take the extra 3 seconds to flip some switches? Ugh...

As many of you know, i work for the state. Not surprisingly, there is a lot of stupid shit that happens in these offices, but someone has outdone themselves and launched stupidity to a whole new level.

I mean... seriously? You don't know how to operate a light switch? You can't take the extra 3 seconds to flip some switches? Ugh...

Now Zachy, MAYBE they are from a country where there are NO lightswitches, and being that this is a state run office, we must diagram it so we don't get sued.....

/Extra Hot Sarcasm mode "Off"

:devil: