Lets have a pics thread :)

Wow, I didn't think the Go board would be that big. Then again I only played the tutorials on one of the websites you linked to. Playing the game on a board that size must be a real brainfucker. :O Looks fantastic.

I DO understand the rights of one. If we sign away all our rights to "the common good" then the 'everyman' will have a great deal of liberty, but since that is merely a social ideal and not reality, the individuals who make up the 'everyman' would be second rate citizens to the idealized versions of themselves. That is just nonsense. If we are to have a culture, we must protect our rights. Culture is both collective and individualistic. I understand where you are going with that statement though, as people often mistake desires for 'rights' in this consumerist society. Yet, I still hesitate to relinquish my freedoms in the name of a government supposedly protecting them.

I don't quite understand the thinking there, Ken. Our rights are guaranteed by our Constitution, a document that seems to be thrown out or corrupted to "fit our times" by a certain faction of our governtment. That's a crock.

As I see it, the 'everyman' you mention is lazy and uncaring, thinking his/her votes count for nothing in the grand scheme of things and as such do not spend the time to educate themselves on social issues (in this case, I refer to voting). Take, for instance, my workmate "Joe", who speaks out strongly against certain sexual deviance shown on movies and TV, but consistently votes as a Democrat. He is voting for the very people promulgating what he speaks against.

I was in agreement until the last sentence. The 'everyman' is a complete idiot. And that's why giving away our individual freedoms, as thinking individuals, to benefit "protecting everybody" or whatever the government cooks up, is a bad idea. I don't like guns and I'd never want to own one, but I do support the right to own one as protected in the 2nd amendment. If someone does not take voting seriously, their views should not be taken seriously. You don't participate in the sowing, you don't get to participate in the reaping. That's the way it works. I believe that my freedoms are mine and not for the government to take away at their discretion. Real freedoms, as outlined in the constitution. Not the "desires" of the everyman, such as "I have a right to steal money from this guy cause he screwed my wife." That's not protected anywhere, it's not a right. In fact it's crime for crime, vigilante justice.

Now if somebody is against "sexual deviance" as you called it, but votes Democrat, what's wrong with that? This is the other side of the coin: you jumped straight to the conclusion that the democratic party supports sexual deviance. This is illogical and prejudiced. Don't misunderstand me as defending that party. I have strong distate for both major parties. Still, this "my side, your side" bullshit is exactly what plagues and keeps the everyman exactly where he is- in frustrated, biased ignorance and indifference. It is enough for them to say "I hate your side, my side is better." But they don't vote. They don't do anything but complain. I have no respect for that sort of person.

Hijacking the pics thread. Woo hoo.

Voting for a Democrat president has a direct impact with bringing liberal thought to the Judiciary and oversight bodies in place.

I think what I see here is an argument of State vs. Federal policies. The Fed should be an oversight body to ensure the States are not infringing on Constitutional rights, which is what you're pointing to, Ken. What we must be careful of (and no matter how much you dislike the current two party system - it is there and it will not go away any time soon) are exactly what President Bush said in, I believe, his State of the Union address a couple years back. We have four liberals sitting on the Supreme Court who work more to change laws than enforce them - legislating from the bench, as he referred to it. That is not the purview of the Judiciary, yet they have done just that, with the intent of "upgrading" the Constitution to make it more applicable to modern times. Again, that is not their role - that is the role of the Legislature.

I could turn your arguement right back at you Mark and say "Voting for a Republican candidate has x and y impact." But that's a false generalization. Ron Paul is much different than Mitt Romney, or John McCain. In the same way, Obama is a different kind of guy than Kucinich. Lumping them all together as black and white, or in this case, blue vs red, is a gross oversight and the root of the flaw to American politics.

You seem to hate liberals. I believe that any extreme is unhealthy.

& yeah, my Go board is about 2ft by 2ft by 2inches. I'm very happy with it. :)

They all need a one way ticket to explore the Titanic.... picture included

Titanic.jpg

Dislike would be a better word, Ken. Liberals have mucked up the works in this country. And, no, I don't vote straight Republican - I vote "most conservative". I voted for a Democrat mayor in the last ABQ election. Once he divorced his union-toting wife, he was bantering conservative mantras all over the place. And his fights with our liberal City Council members are fun to watch. The Republican candidate at the time was way left. So, I can't say I pay attention to one party over the other all the time; I look into the candidates views and find the one who most closely matches mine, or one who I feel will do the least amount of damage with overly large government, taxes to pay for that large government, and those who cater to laziness.

Yeah I agree he does suck a big one.

PS: I bought Humanity Dethroned on iTunes and it seriously kicks dick, awesome work.

Korpiklaani are awesome, saw them live earlier this year with Ensiferum, Tyr, Elvuituie (however you spell that) and Moonsorrow, that was a lot of drunken fun.