Lets have a pics thread :)

401_PDX_NE_lost_cat_2.jpg

haha, I just rofl'd my lunch all over myself... :lol:

Cool fish shirt :p he's cute :)
Seems like you're having a good time, isn't it cool to have a family..
Nice pic man, cheers.

Steelhead, eh?

Lemons are better suited for lemonade though.

Yeah, I think it was some kind of orange wheat beer, thus the orange. I dug it, it wasn't excessively sweet like a lot of the fruit themed/flavored beers I've tried.

McMenamins had their own porter that I enjoyed too. I probably enjoyed Deschutes' Black Butte porter more than anything else I tried up there though. :headbang:

Black Butte is awesome, especially on tap. I haven't liked Deschutes' other beers, but Black Butte is a treat for sure.

Yeah, of the ones I tried Black Butte was my clear favorite, but I did enjoy the Mirror Pond pale ale too. McMenamins had a porter (Black Rabbit porter I think) that I enjoyed too.

Hmm...orange wheat beer? Perhaps a Belgian Wit with coriander?

I'm honestly not too sure; I think it was something fairly new as I can't find any information about it online after the fact and they hadn't added it to their beer menu quite yet.

Brewers are looking for new ways to overcome the high costs of hops this year due to the hops shortage from a bad harvest last year. Look for more spiced beers with less hop character. I would imagine it (that unknown Steelhead beer you had) might have been a brewer's special testing marketability. I won't complain any about more Belgian styles added to the marketplace, as long as they stay within the style guidelines (or at least don't stray too far). I don't think we need a new "American Belgian" style added to the guidelines.

I wasn't fond of Mirror Pond, but I've only had the bottled version. But, I did have that with the anticipation of huge hops character. Now that I'm a little more outside my hophead mentality I should try it again.

Brewers are looking for new ways to overcome the high costs of hops this year due to the hops shortage from a bad harvest last year. Look for more spiced beers with less hop character. I would imagine it might have been a brewer's special testing marketability. I won't complain any about more Belgian styles added to the marketplace, as long as they stay within the style guidelines (or at least don't stray too far). I don't think we need a new "American Belgian" style added to the guidelines.

I wasn't fond of Mirror Pond, but I've only had the bottled version. But, I did have that with the anticipation of huge hops character. Now that I'm a little more outside my hophead mentality I should try it again.

Interesting, I had no idea about the shortage. I did enjoy the Mirror Pond, it was a bit more flavorful than some of the pale ales I have tried and it was especially enjoyable on tap.

I tried Fire Rock pale ale recently after getting back to California and I thought that was pretty enjoyable too.