Lets have a pics thread :)

Laziness, self-importance, and holding a hand out to the government are much more widespread today than any other time in our country's history.

What rallies Americans the most is when we're militarily attacked. I don't choose that route, and prefer government spending to keep us safe from outside "evils".

They have a 91 octane version. What they mean by compatible is that they'd have to sell it to filling stations or set up their own filling stations to sell it, but that if you dumped it into your tank your car would run just fine.

The only big barrier is that Exxon isn't going to want to buy alternative fuel and sell it at their pump. Not when they're still buying/producing oil. Maybe instead the marketing strategy should be to sell the technology to energy companies and let them run with it. http://www.sapphireenergy.com/mediacenter/press_release/1
solution_main.jpg

A picture for the pics thread.

Interesting. But, key point there at the end, Ken - are the patent holders (I'm assuming it's patented) willing to sell their "souls" to an evil empire? Or could they also be holding us back from using their discovery? Americans eventually accepted ethanol (I'm still pondering moving out to the country) - I would imagine such a product, though at first met with skepticism, would also be accepted. Particularly if it was sold at 85 cents a gallon.

Heck, just from the thought processes you've triggered, why haven't they sought venture capitalism to open their own stations? I would imagine they could create a wind fall with one single station in LA selling the product at a smart break point.

OK... CARS & GAS... heres my '64 Sunbeam Alpine Series III (back before I hated cars) I had in the early 80's, restored it myself, took years, had around $2000 into it. It had a full blown racing engine that required 98 octane which was around 78 cents a gallon IIRC and got 25-30 mpg. That hardtop came off and it was like heaven to drive. Sunbeams were built by Rootes Group of England, which went down the drain quickly in the late 60's when Chrysler bought them out, not that they were doing good anyhow, there was something less that 400 of the Series III made. It was sweet, wish I had a good picture of it, it was perfect and shined like a bottle, but this photo sucks and is after I took it off the road and became focused on pickup truck, chainsaw and stuff for building my grass roots logging business
beamersnl6.jpg

Thanks. It "was", I did sell it for a thousand about 10 years ago along with my "warehouse" of parts. Was a sad day really, but I was too busy and obligated to my business to do anything with it, it sat along time, but started right up after a half day of messing with this and that to make it movable. So I took it up the road and back a few times for memorys sake, was really painful, precious pain. Sacrifice of a youthful dream and ambition for a more serious matter called life.

edit: on a side note, that is what my online name came from, razor lines were an automobile styling trend in the 50's and 60's as can be seen on those rear fenders, but was really more common, radical and used all over car bodys made by GM, such as the 66 Toronado and such. I used to be a car buff but now I hate them. Precious pain!

Its summer time.. where is dem on the beach pics... :cry:

Heres me (bottom), my brother in law (middle), and my actual brother (top) making a GIANT TOWER OF DOOM!!! Yes, I'm that strong to hold both of them on my shoulders. My sister is on the right lol.

IMG_4011.jpg

Nah, its these new apartment buildings called Avalon. Not sure who its by, but the rent is like $900 a month and they are really really nice for apartments. Real spacious and nicely taken care of. The building they're living in is only a couple months old and they are the first to be living in their apartment. Its got a pool and all that jazz, so we usually swim when we visit him and my sister.

They live on EXCALIBUR WAY !!!!!! Totally metal.