lets see some pics of everyones set up..

I like them for that fact, it was just when we were recording, i ran the two through an impulse and i could hear the difference, like the top end frequencies had been cut, no idea how...

nice setup though... consider yourself added to the list of people i whos setup i envy...

looks nice dude, have u blocked the ports up on them active M1 MKIIs? as they are truely awful and boomy in the bottom end, no definition, really different to the passive versions which i have! i really reccomend blocking them up!

I haven't blocked them, but yes, they can get boomy. As far as the "wow" factor, they are pretty impressive to clients who listen to mixes on them and they sound huge...But yeah, trying to suss out low end issues is not very easy. With the room setup as it is now, I have the most even frequency response that I've ever had (confirmed by testing), and it is really revealing how lame my monitors are (both sets). I'd REALLY like to get a nice set, but until I get some more projects, these will do. Since I'm freelancing out of a real studio now, I have access to some more monitors should I feel the need for an extra set of references, and I'm sure I'll be using them.

I just snapped this last night since I got the room cleaned up.

Recent changes since my first pic:

1.) Sold the Firepods and got a Profire 2626 (this was in the spring of this year)
2.) Sold the Finalizer and picked up Ozone 4
3.) new desk and shelving and new desk placement within the room
4.) upgraded my OS to Windows 7
5.) Upgraded my ancient Nuendo 2 to Cubase 5
6.) Purchased SSD 3.5 EX with 2 exp. packs
7.) New 23" Samsung monitor
8.) Infinity subwoofer

Here it is, nothing special, and pretty much all ITB. The new desk and monitor placement gets me out of a room node, so I can actually hear bass now!

newmix.jpg

Oh damn I like the Blue/Black/Grey look. Maybe I'll have to paint my new room this way when I get into it.

Looks awesome man!

I used to have my bedroom in that same blue color.. always felt tired in the eyes when i was in that room. ;X

I used to have my bedroom in that same blue color.. always felt tired in the eyes when i was in that room. ;X

Agreed, I generally don't like rooms with dark-colored walls, just kinda depresses me and makes the room feel smaller IMO

Here's a picture of my humble dorm room setup.

Mackie MR8 Monitor
Profire 2626 (in the drawer :oops:)
CME 49 Key
1TB Seagate HD
Levono T61
19" LCD

wjGdN.jpg

office2010exposed.jpg

1, files
2, hq drum training pad, screw driver
3, meds left from the last tour
4, phone
5, mobile office
6, drum training rack
7, window, jepp got one!!
8, old pc still some recordings left on this one
9, karsten
10, fuel
11, backstage AAA passes
12, epson office bx
13, ux2
14, mac book pro
15, yamaha hs80, feather, external drives, nf06
16, small behringer mixer
17, big foh tour rack, including nti al1, motu pre8, talkbox, windows laptop, lockable drawer with measurement mics and stuff
18, audio technica ath m40 fs
19, samsung SM 2494
20, notes
21, guitar
22, lamp (of god)

my shit right now

office2010exposed.jpg

1, files
2, hq drum training pad, screw driver
3, meds left from the last tour
4, phone
5, mobile office
6, drum training rack
7, window, jepp got one!!
8, old pc still some recordings left on this one
9, karsten
10, fuel
11, backstage AAA passes
12, epson office bx
13, ux2
14, mac book pro
15, yamaha hs80, feather, external drives, nf06
16, small behringer mixer
17, big foh tour rack, including nti al1, motu pre8, talkbox, windows laptop, lockable drawer with measurement mics and stuff
18, audio technica ath m40 fs
19, samsung SM 2494
20, notes
21, guitar
22, lamp (of god)

my shit right now

epic