lets see some pics of everyones set up..

I dig tl audio stuff, they are trashed on the net a lot but I have found it to be pretty solid stuff

do you use the red box any more? mine is getting dusty

I took a new shot of my guitar shit

I sure dig it! The Fatman I use it mainly for bass and snare compression. I like the "drive" that it adds to the bass, it's a bit noisy but I can "live with that"! Eh, eh!
Oh I have a Sovtek too but mine is the Mig 50 model. Nice stuff!:headbang: :headbang:

to me it sounds like a juiced jcm800

very marshallesque, which I think is a good thing YMMV

this is it http://www.allcapsrecording.com/mfw.MP3

mistakes belong to me not the head heh
omg thanks for the info, it seemed a good amp for me ( sold my amps 3 years ago, don't have a band, no plans to be in one, 60W) and it's going for 350 euro new, that and some cab will do the trick for me

cool, you can still get them new in Europe? I didn't know that. I have not seen a new one in the states in 10 years.
A shop has them on their site...hope they are still selling them, for the price you can't beat that since ebay here is not an option ( I have never seen a ebay site having such lack of instruments/amps)

update on my room... still no walls up, been working on it as i can but i've been traveling a lot. just got the hospital grade recepts in:
Outlet-front1.jpg

these 20 Amp outlets are for all the gear and are wired with 10 gauge romex to their own 30 Amp breaker and as soon as they are installed will be star-grounded. just got back from Atlanta, recording drums and bass for a new 5-song label demo with Blood Promise at Tree Sound Studios where i got one of the best natural drum sounds i've ever recorded. heading back to finish up right after the new year, plus working on the Death tribute and going to NAMM all are slowing down the progress on my room. going to be nice when it's done though, so i'll keep you updated.

in the meantime i'll continue to use my temporary set-up in an adjacent room.
TempRoom.jpg

happy holidays to all... i ate myself into a stupor at the family Xmas meal.... and going to do it again today with the left-overs!

update on my room... still no walls up, been working on it as i can but i've been traveling a lot. just got the hospital grade recepts in:
Outlet-front1.jpg

these 20 Amp outlets are for all the gear and are wired with 10 gauge romex to their own 30 Amp breaker and as soon as they are installed will be star-grounded. just got back from Atlanta, recording drums and bass for a new 5-song label demo with Blood Promise at Tree Sound Studios where i got one of the best natural drum sounds i've ever recorded. heading back to finish up right after the new year, plus working on the Death tribute and going to NAMM all are slowing down the progress on my room. going to be nice when it's done though, so i'll keep you updated.

in the meantime i'll continue to use my temporary set-up in an adjacent room.
TempRoom.jpg

happy holidays to all... i ate myself into a stupor at the family Xmas meal.... and going to do it again today with the left-overs!

James, couple questions, if that's OK:

What kind of monitors are those (I'm a monitor noob)? Also, is that a sub to the right of the desk?

How do you like that desk? I've been thinking of getting one of those from MF, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Looks like one of the types they sell at MF, anyway.

hey gnash, yeah i bought the "5-pack" which knocks them down to $25 each... and yeah, i think it's worth it.

nate, those are Genelec 8050A's and that is indeed a sub to the right.. a Genelec 7070A. as for the desk it's just an inexpensive Studio RTA brand basic desk that i grabbed off the floor of my local GC. i'm likely offing it as soon as my new mix room is complete. it's does the job for now.

I dig tl audio stuff, they are trashed on the net a lot but I have found it to be pretty solid stuff

do you use the red box any more? mine is getting dusty

I took a new shot of my guitar shit

amps.jpg

dual rec
marshall 25/50
triple xxx
sovtek mig60
boogie 50 caliber+
68 deluxe reverb
epiphone galaxie 25
marshall classic slant with greenbacks
marshall jcm800 slant with V30's

sovtekstretchedpiccp8.jpg
[/IMG]
here it is my Mig50
By the way what kind of valves do you use in yours Mig60?
A friend told me that Sovtek has made a new model that kind of supresses noise that these beasts can make!?...

my setup is small potatoes compared to what a lot of you guys have. The only true outboard gear I have is my Firepod interface and receiver. Everything else is done ITB.

I just finished this room up this week as far as redoing it specifically as a mixing room/critical listening environment.

Anyway, my meager setup...

In the rack:
1.) Furman power condish
2.)Presonus Firebox
3.)Behringer PowerPlay Pro - decent headphone dist. amp if you can stand the hiss

Other stuff:
1.)Sony STR-DE345 5.1 reciever - I use this to select between my computer's sound card signal or the Firepod. Good power amp and fleixible connectivity options.
2.)Behringer Truth B2030P (shut up ;) )
3.)HP Pentium 4 PC (3.2 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD) running Cubase and Nuendo and a shitload of plugs

Still working on the room treatment, mainly the window behind the desk, but I already have an idea on how to make something to cover it. It's amazing how much the room treatment changes what I hear. I have a lot of absorption going on, but I feel like I get a "truer" sense of what the mix is like.

mixroom.jpg

my setup is small potatoes compared to what a lot of you guys have. The only true outboard gear I have is my Firepod interface and receiver. Everything else is done ITB.

Hey Nate,

I am actually reversing the process. My new home studio will only have:

Intel Core Duo PC
Apogee Rosetta 200 converters
undecided mic pre (still looking for sth in the 1000-1500$ range)
2 x 22" TFTs
Mackie Big Knob
undecided active speakers (still looking for something in the 500-1000$ range)
my old and trusty passive Tannoy Reveals
a shitty speaker thingie for mono checks

and that's it.

Not counting stuff like mics and guitaramps here, but that's all I need to do high quality recordings. Cause in the end, whenever I work in a big place, it's just mic into quality preamp into quality converters into DAW anyway (I rarely ever record drums or anything that needs more than one mic) ...

Always remember: more isn't better - BETTER is better ... :cool:

^ True. My setup isn't fancy, but I'm hoping it will allow me to get BETTER, thus moving on up to bigger and better equipment. I like what I have so far, and I'm learning, so I can't ask for much more. At this point, being a noob, I can't justify the cost of better stuff in ratio to my experience. That said, I have bad GAS for some Tannoy Reveal's (passives). My band just scored an endorsement with a cab co., so once those come in, I may unload my old cab to help cover the cost of some better studio monitors.

Outlet-front1.jpg

these 20 Amp outlets are for all the gear and are wired with 10 gauge romex to their own 30 Amp breaker and as soon as they are installed will be star-grounded.

Good stuff there, James! I put these in my place as well, on recommendation from my father, who's an electrician. They can save your ass & are well worth the extra grief during installation.

-0z-