lets see some pics of everyones set up..

Here are some pictures from my friends studio, where we setup a HD2 and a Control 24!!!

BigsetupA.jpg

BigsetupB.jpg

My small PT setup :lol:
smallsetup.jpg
Hey Evil, are those Behringer comps in your rack? Isn't that control 24 what I always see Andy using?

two things struck me while digging through this old thread.
Number one, I REALLY need to update my pics.
Number two, every time I see CJ Walls tiny little space and listen to his mixes that just destroy everything I do, it really chaps my ass. :kickass:
It really is the carpenter and not the hammer.

Man I can't afford to spend $500 on decent monitors when I've already got this set up! :D

It actually sounds pretty good. Between the Sennheiser HD280 headphones I recently got and these Yamaha PA speakers, I've been making pretty good progress.

I thought I'm the only one with crappy gear :-D

p1010129jy3.jpg

p5160044ma0.jpg

And to be true: If I had more expensive studio gear...it would be stupid because I have no clue how to use it :)

You might want to place your setup more symmetrically, so that you can achieve better stereo imaging and avoid early reflections.

my palce:

control room
444095684_44eed001e6_b.jpg

drum setup
444095644_e6abbdc048_b.jpg

recording room, also a rehersal space
444095668_86d4d690bf_b.jpg

chillout zone + a very importent good sounding vintage piece of equipent (snes.. :D )
444107197_02f182c6c6_b.jpg

theres also a seperate small vocal booth

but this is for recoring only, i mix at home, all digital no analog stuff for mixing.

i build all this with my ex-band to record demos, but now i do demos for other bands too. atm i'm searching for a new place with more flexibilty in recording dates... its only possible to do 1 to 2 bands in 2 month..

Goddamn connyx, two Powerballs? Brutality...

And Metalhead, I love how much that 5150 cab dwarfs the Marshall, though I'm glad to see the mic is pointing at the latter. And please don't tell me that's an MG head at the bottom; I'm hoping Valvestate?

And Metalhead, I love how much that 5150 cab dwarfs the Marshall, though I'm glad to see the mic is pointing at the latter. And please don't tell me that's an MG head at the bottom; I'm hoping Valvestate?

yeah one is the powerball form my ex.bands lead guitarist and the otherone is from the band that were recording that day.

at the moment there are 3 powerballs... because i'm rehearsing there with my new band too. both guitarplayers own powerballs. i really dig the powerballs in all kind of ways :p

Yeah, the Marshall cab is a 2x12 with Vintage30's. I use both of them for different things, but I use the Marshall the most.
The head on the bottom shelf is indeed an old Valvestate. I've had that thing for many, many years and I actually prefer it's tone for some things.