Let's see...

Macy said:
I can see you've all made up now singing "Cum-ba-ya" and all, but I have to give my opinion about DT vs. SX.

First I want to make clear than I preffer Symphony X over Dream Theater. But...

1. Rudess IS better than Pinella.
2. LaBrie's voice was great on "Images And Words" (and before DT) but after that he tried to sound bad-ass/agressive and failed miserably, but...
3. ...on "Six Degrees" I think he sounds pretty good. And he sang very good when I saw them live last year also.
4. Dream Theater feel tighter than SX do. Or did. On the live CD they didn't sound as tight as DT did on "Live Scenes from NY". But SX sounded godly four weeks ago so maybe they've improved.
5. Russell beats LaBrie's ass (or voice) any time.
6. I won't even get into the Romeo vs. Petrucci debate. In my opinion they're both amazing doing their own thing extremely well.

I don't understand why there was a need to fight over this. But it sure gave me a good laugh. Thanks guys! :D

Macy, what a perfect summation! I couldnt agree with u more! :D
If someone had just said that at the beginning...:Spin:

I don`t agree with that Pinnella-Rudess thing, but it`s a good tihng someone finally posted something serious on this thread, everyone should be allowed to say what their opinion is about Symx and DT.

Uh, I don't mean to stir up any commotion at all by saying this, but DT is supposed to be releasing a new album sometime in August. My feeling is that if they release an album so close to the last one, it may end up sounding like FII. That is, if they rush everything. In my opinion, good thing take time.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Its not all that close to 6DoIT.

Its about 1 and a half years.

It depends on the music really. I mean for something like DT, you would expect it to take a long time in between albums, but I think they have established themselves now, so they are kind of in a groove. They don't have to worry about all the little things, they can just write, record, and go out and tour.
But, if I wanted to, I could release 10 hair metal albums in like 3 years.
Make sense?
confused.gif

Now I'm confused.