Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I seen a Nightwish CD t Wal Mart today, Century Child, I was surprised to see it there, so what does Nightwish sound like? I may buy it.

^So do you think I should get it on a blindbuy? I like Symphonic Metal like CoB, Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, etc.. but I dont know f I'd like Nightwish or not.
Videoclub, whats that?

I seen a Nightwish CD t Wal Mart today, Century Child, I was surprised to see it there, so what does Nightwish sound like? I may buy it.

Nightwish is sort of a mix of goth/melodic/opera metal style thing. Excluding the newest album. The composing is just pure genious, the lyrics is a big plus as well. Vocals are.. The best.. They both have male and female vocals, which sounds awesome in the same band. Generally the band is amazingly talented, especially the keyboard player, which makes all the music.

Listen to these:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightwish is sort of a mix of goth/melodic/opera metal style thing. Excluding the newest album. The composing is just pure genious, the lyrics is a big plus as well. Vocals are.. The best.. They both have male and female vocals, which sounds awesome in the same band. Generally the band is amazingly talented, especially the keyboard player, which makes all the music.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!

Yup, their newest album is trash, and the new singer is :puke::ill:

Also, the male vocals tend to be pretty bad too. Especially in that Phantom of the Opera cover they did...

The last part actually makes it kind of sad, I'd love to hear more than just keybs...

Other than that NW is quite good :headbang:

The only song I can bare from the latest Nightwish album is 'Master Passion Greed' and that's just because I rather enjoy Marko's vocals (for example Tarot). Annette is a pretty poor replacement for Tarja, although being honest I was never that enthralled by Tarja's vocals either.

^So do you think I should get it on a blindbuy? I like Symphonic Metal like CoB, Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, etc.. but I dont know f I'd like Nightwish or not.
Videoclub, whats that?

I don't know, download an album or watch a video on YouTube, maybe you don't want to keep the CD as a surprise, I would understand that.

I think to posses one Nightwish album is a most in a metal collection tho, I have Once and Oceaborn, they are really good even if it's not my cup of tea. Once is more orchestral, (well, no, Once IS orchestral) so it's kind of cool.

And a Videoclub is a place were you... pay for movies? Like, it was really known before the internet :lol:

facepalm.jpeg

I don't know, download an album or watch a video on YouTube, maybe you don't want to keep the CD as a surprise, I would understand that.

I think to posses one Nightwish album is a most in a metal collection tho, I have Once and Oceaborn, they are really good even if it's not my cup of tea. Once is more orchestral, (well, no, Once IS orchestral) so it's kind of cool.

And a Videoclub is a place were you... pay for movies? Like, it was really known before the internet :lol:

Yeah, this is true for most things. It's easy for me cause I bought a bootleg CD with all their albums up to 2004 in mp3 back in the days when I lived back home =)

Thaks everyone for the videos, but since I'm on 28K Dial-up I cant listen to MySpace songs or watch Youtube Videos, I may have to wait until I'm back at college in August to check out Nightwish.
I feel so behind the times.