Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

'NEW' 8 finger tapping technique?

It's been around for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7VJw1hlQo

Ya gotta love guys who wrap their crusty fap socks around the nut. You can learn to play cleanly without it.

s

I know what 8 finger tapping is, hence my extreme excitement. They meant it in the sense he must have learnt to do it recently, as I don't recall him ever doing it with Necrophagist or Obscura, even though he does tap tons in his solos, especially with the latter.

old but always mindblowing to watch
Kaga says he can play that, I'm waiting for proof :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Crabstick: I wouldn't really place any of those two bands under the power metal label but yes anyway, anything from early-ish Sonata Arctica or Stratovarius or Sabaton or stuff will do. <3 :oops: :worship:

I'm on the search for your opinion for the best power metal song. I'll take everything, except Nightwish and Iron Maiden : )

Pretty much any Blind Guardian song... Regardless of my obvious fanboism, I personally consider them to be one of the only power metal bands that don't sound totally fucking generic ie; like Stratovarius.

Mirror Mirror
Nightfall
And Then There Was Silence

^:mad: <3 Stratovarius, so definitely them.
Sabaton, Blind Guardian are fantastic as Swabs said, Gamma Ray might be too cheesy.

Stratovarius are the very definition of boring generic power metal.

Have you heard their newest album?

ALSO I just remembered another godly power metal band, Lost Horizon. Check the song Highlander (The One). Damn shame that Daniel Helman (the singer) left.