Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Very nice. Thank you Vikk!

@Crabstick: I wouldn't really place any of those two bands under the power metal label but yes anyway, anything from early-ish Sonata Arctica or Stratovarius or Sabaton or stuff will do. <3 :oops: :worship:

I know, but... I randomly chose those two for no reason :lol:
Sabaton is amazing :3

Pretty much any Blind Guardian song... Regardless of my obvious fanboism, I personally consider them to be one of the only power metal bands that don't sound totally fucking generic ie; like Stratovarius.

Mirror Mirror
Nightfall
And Then There Was Silence

Will check it out. Thank you so much Swabs :)

That silly rabbit that is Tarja Turunen had Joe Satriani as a guest artist on a song on her new album, shot a video for the song and took a big part of his solo out. I'm now sitting here, nodding but not approvingly, blinking in a rather fucking-enormous-as-fuck confusion and trying to understand while listening to the album version and nodding as approvingly as the fact that I know it's Tarja's allows me to. *makes no sense*. Failing.

That silly rabbit that is Tarja Turunen had Joe Satriani as a guest artist on a song on her new album, shot a video for the song and took a big part of his solo out. I'm now sitting here, nodding but not approvingly, blinking in a rather fucking-enormous-as-fuck confusion and trying to understand while listening to the album version and nodding as approvingly as the fact that I know it's Tarja's allows me to. *makes no sense*. Failing.

You don't know the term *radio edit*, right? :p

rumpy bump

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10008514/derpstory.docx

Story I did for English class, read it if you want (please do <3<3<3)

derp derp

@Snowy: Radio edits should edit out not-as-important parts of songs, Satriani was requested to do a guest solo and it got largely cut out, what was the point in him doing it? Also I hate radio edits, I think they're fucking stupid. I can understand shit like Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day getting cut from nine minutes to five, but cutting a 4-5 minute metal song (which happens ALL THE DAMN TIME)? Are people's attention spans so short that they just fizzle out at the four-minute mark?

rumpy bump

@Snowy: Radio edits should edit out not-as-important parts of songs, Satriani was requested to do a guest solo and it got largely cut out, what was the point in him doing it? Also I hate radio edits, I think they're fucking stupid. I can understand shit like Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day getting cut from nine minutes to five, but cutting a 4-5 minute metal song (which happens ALL THE DAMN TIME)? Are people's attention spans so short that they just fizzle out at the four-minute mark?

No.
It's not about editing 'unimportant' parts out of the song, it's just about making it more attractive to typical radio-listeners. Don't be naive.
The point of him doing the solo anway? Yeah, to please you guys, you'll listen to the album's version, the radio-listeners wont give a shit about that, they'll go with the more commerical radio edit. He might has no rights on this solo anway, so he cant complain.
Sorry, I wrote some shitlong text and then my browser fucked with me. So you gotta take the short answer:p

About the attention thing:
Yes. People want easy songs (nowadays). At least most of them. Face it :lol: I was in some shit club some weeks ago and they always played just the chorus of a song for 30 secs and then just skipped to the next. Epic shit club.

Tarja Turunen had Joe Satriani as a guest artist on a song on her new album, shot a video for the song and took a big part of his solo out.

This was more likely a record company decision to cut the song down to a time limit so that radio & TV stations can fit in more commercials.

You have an hour between the news on radio or say a three hour video show on Saturday morning TV, you can fit in more short songs and put commercials in between each song.

They're called radio versions/ radio edits, it sucks when they have to do it to the videos, if the full length is on her album you'll probably find the full length on a DVD somewhere.

Funny thing, Stairway To Heaven, a seven minute song was once the most requested radio song and AFAIK played in entirety. It was often played and never released as a single either.

I can see the point with the refresh rate a nightclub too. DJ's tend to watch the crowd, usually when the girls/gays leave the dancefloor they quickly shift to a new song.

s

Probably, but I can't deny playing Halo 2 online was probably one of the best gaming experiences of my youth. Xbox live was fucking epic at that time. I was 17 at the time and could waste hours getting high and playing massive CTF/Team Deathmatch games :D

I was in some shit club some weeks ago and they always played just the chorus of a song for 30 secs and then just skipped to the next. Epic shit club.

They have verses but they are instrumental and are just a squeaky tone slowly going up in pitch, until all sound stops for a bar, and then the chorus comes back in.
Epic drops bruh.

Nostalgia does not make the game any better, Halo 2 was ingenious yes. But it is simply the older version of the more refined and expanded Halo Reach multiplayer, they function the same way, Reach is just more. Fuck you guys are your wank arse "oh so individual" opinions.