Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I'm still new to it, so I havent run into any issues like that. I'm just enjoying my 64 bit allowing me to use all of the 8 gigs of ram i have installed now :lol: Sucked only getting to use 3.25gigs :p

Gonna buy a new mobo soon though, buy another 4 gigs of ram to bump it up to 12, install a Intel i7 2500k at around 3.4-4ghz depending on my mood.
Faeces will inevitably be quite money.

With every new release of Windows, I have become increasingly baffled by the objective Microsoft is going for. I have postponed as long as possible before upgrading to this tech-wonder.

Networking used to be simplistic, but Microsoft had to create something new called "Homegroups". The only thing required to initialize this (service?) is to declare a "Home" network, so I set it as my wireless. This will change of course, since it's on a MOBILE device, great so I'll have to change the settings. After enabling Homegroups, Windows provides a password to allow other machines to connect to shared documents. This is humorous, since Windows XP enters just fine.

^^Why do you wanna go with 12GB? Are you planning to do some serious video editing?

Imho the best thing in Windows 7 is that it finds (standard) drivers for everything in seconds. With Vista that was such a pain in the ass -.-

I'm not a fan, it takes a bit to get used to it, same with Office 2010.

What I hate about the new Windows Explorer is you can't go up a level in the folders after you run a search.

s

yes you can, if you don't know how to use a computer, don't bitch about not getting used to it

^^Why do you wanna go with 12GB? Are you planning to do some serious video editing?

Imho the best thing in Windows 7 is that it finds (standard) drivers for everything in seconds. With Vista that was such a pain in the ass -.-

Because I can, and RAM costs literally nothing these days

the only real PITA so far, is the whole x64 apps not accepting x86 VST's, but It'll work out nicely soon enough

Because I can

DeL41.png

:p

With every new release of Windows, I have become increasingly baffled by the objective Microsoft is going for.

$$$ You can't open up a .docx file from pre MS Word 2010 so you have to buy Word 2010.

yes you can, if you don't know how to use a computer, don't bitch about not getting used to it

Okay smartarse, you run a search then tell us all how to go up one folder in one click.

What happened to the 'Up one folder' button in the Windows Explorer??

s

Mmm the button is gone, but I can move around as fast, if not faster as before. I use mouse button 4 and 5 for forwards and backwards, and just click the address bar to get to where i want if i want to go several levels up. Not really that big of an issue for me, at least

Mmm the button is gone, but I can move around as fast, if not faster as before.

Yeah you can move up a level if you hit the folder in the address bar but it's different after a search.

When you hit the folder you want the address bar changes, then if you hit the back button it starts the search again.

Very frustrating, one for the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' theory.

s

Yeah you can move up a level if you hit the folder in the address bar but it's different after a search.

When you hit the folder you want the address bar changes, then if you hit the back button it starts the search again.

Very frustrating, one for the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' theory.

s

not-sure-if-stupid-or-just-stupid.jpg