listening to classical music

I'd like to try to listen to some classical music.It sounds so complex and incredible,a lot of gothic stuff,too.Some metal bands today sound like they are influenced by classical music.Violin by Anne Rice,while it wasn't that good of a book,had a lot about violin music and Beethoven and it made me want to listen to them because of the way they were described in the book.

I personally got turned on to some great artists in my music class at school: Vivaldi, obscure Mozart, the Barroque period, some great stuff to be heard there.

van Beethoven is my fav...can't help it but 7th symphony second mouvement (the adagio?) keeps ringing in my head.great
to be played on my 'funeral'
his other stuff too of course.taling about technical, back then they weren't able to really play his music, but then he said, they will be in a hundred years!!+ he's from belgian origine :) :)
Vivaldi is great to but very underestimated. Bach, Mozart, Chopin' :D what's in a name ey?
Flight of the Bumblebee, Rimsky-Korsakov

I'd rather listen to an opera, Stabat Mater of Mahler is one of my fav's. Puccini is great, too. Paganinni always brings me in a good mood. And if it was for the vocals, i love Maria Callas.
I don't listen to classical music that much but Ravels' Bolero brings good memories. My mom used to play it and while listening, she told me a story. Because of the fact that it starts with just one instrument and everytime, another comes in. My mom translated that into animals. It started with ants, and everytime a bigger animal came in, along with the instruments. At the end, it was one hilarious sight! :)
And i loved it, i listened to her with open mounth. She just tried to visualise it for me and made it interesting for me to listen to it too.
Hmm, i think it's time for me to let her listen to some metal :lol:

talking about animals, anybody knows 'the animal wedding party'?I used to play it on classical guitar.
it's funny.and what about carnival des animaux by Camille Saint-Saens?