Literature

well somethings you just know are complete bullshit.. you wouldnt listen to a emo band, because you already know its gona be shit.

how?

nah watching south park :)

GO TO BED!!! GO TO BED!!!! GOODNIGHT; ITS TIME TO GO TO BED KID!!!

I'll always come up with the same thing : The Name of The Rose :lol: Umberto Eco, this book is simply amazing (the movie is also great). I'm curretly reading Bram Stoker's Dracula (no I'm not predictable :lol:), i read it in English not too hard to understand.
I like different type of litterature, but i'm more into classical stuff. I like books written by Hailey Lind it's about contemporary art world, it's a modern story, very funny.
Other than that, I read a lot of books for the univ. about Culture, Museology, Sociology etc... I had some anthropology classes, so I know a bit of the main authors like the ones you mentionned.

It's just mainstream where posers are TRYING to act like metal, but failing, so you couldn't say it's really metal. Metal is not some commercial produced shit.

So what you're basically saying is that Bullet for my valentine isn't metal? What about those heavy breakdowns and growls and riffs and solos. Don't they mean anything to you?

Dostojevski?

He is good,but i dislike when ppl think he is the greatest writer ever,cause every highschool student here have to read Brotheras Karamazov and Crime and Punishment so i think its sad that no one is interested in reading russian writers more than just Dostoevsky.

So what you're basically saying is that Bullet for my valentine isn't metal? What about those heavy breakdowns and growls and riffs and solos. Don't they mean anything to you?

BFMV is not metal. Period.

Those breakdowns and growls are just some posing/acting, TRYING to be metal, but failing in it. It's all theatre. Acting something what you aren't.

BFMV doesn't mean shit to me.

He is good,but i dislike when ppl think he is the greatest writer ever,cause every highschool student here have to read Brotheras Karamazov and Crime and Punishment so i think its sad that no one is interested in reading russian writers more than just Dostoevsky.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. But Crime and Punishment is a worldwide classic. I don't know much about russian literature, but I like good ol' Dosto.

Not a big reader, I can count every interesting books I've read before.
(Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath, Camus' The Stranger, The Plague, Jarry's King Ubu) and a only a couple more.

Agatha Christie, Boris Pasternak, Fernando Pessoa, Frederick Forsyth, Luís de Camões, Isaac Asimov, Shakespeare, Sidney Sheldon

BriefHistoryTime.jpg

theholographicuniverse.jpg

in that order.

So, do you read? And if so, what kind of literature? I'm interested in philosophy and anthropology. Lately I've been reading some Heidegger and Kierkegaard. And then some Waltari and King.

And of course recommend some good books. I think this is great way to know some literature from abroad.

lol have you seriously read Heidegger? Can you explain to me what his notion of Da-Sein is?