Live from Graspop

Great vid..looks like you guys had a blast! ...so how did it feel to play for so many people?
Not sure if you guys read this though...as y'all must be already at Amsterdam by now,anyway see you soon! :)

Whoa!! Great show! I had such a good time. Bought the DVD at the Metalzone booth and met oeyenjo and his friend. It was great meeting you! Come to the Dynamo when you have the time guys! I'll buy ya a beer. :)

Can't wait for the Dynamo show. I am really counting the days. The DVD is really great. I will review it for Aardschok magazine. When this goes well I hope ND will return to Europe soon to do a tour again. This has only whetted my appetite for more Novembers Doom!!

See you Friday Henri! :)

and met oeyenjo and his friend. It was great meeting you! Come to the Dynamo when you have the time guys! I'll buy ya a beer. :)

Hey Hawk, nice meeting you too and thx you could made some time for us. We had a nice chat and apparently i'm an "old-schooler" who didn't stand still in the eighties, thx man. Would like to come to Dynamo, but i have other duties (keep an eye on my teenage son) and i will be going to Biebob on Saturday. But i'm sure we'll meet again in the future. I will be checking the Dynamo666 site regularly

Can't wait for the Dynamo show. I am really counting the days. The DVD is really great. I will review it for Aardschok magazine. When this goes well I hope ND will return to Europe soon to do a tour again. This has only whetted my appetite for more Novembers Doom!!
I agree completely, i truly hope ND is launched now in Europe and that they can come back next year to do more European Festivals. I know that during the Graspop weekend there's also a festival in Germany(Bang your head) and Italy(Gods of Metal)

See you Friday Henri! :)

Yea, see you Friday! :)

Hey Hawk, nice meeting you too and thx you could made some time for us. We had a nice chat and apparently i'm an "old-schooler" who didn't stand still in the eighties, thx man. Would like to come to Dynamo, but i have other duties (keep an eye on my teenage son) and i will be going to Biebob on Saturday. But i'm sure we'll meet again in the future. I will be checking the Dynamo666 site regularly

Cool, please do. We have some interesting concerts coming up.

I agree completely, i truly hope ND is launched now in Europe and that they can come back next year to do more European Festivals. I know that during the Graspop weekend there's also a festival in Germany(Bang your head) and Italy(Gods of Metal)

No man; WACKEN!! Thats were they belong. :headbang: Seriously though I hope they really have made a lot of new fans and generated a lot of positive press. They deserve it.

yeah, vito was still playing his LTD.

as for chris, a new axe was not the only new thing he was sporting. new vocals and a new beard, cool stuff hehe. as for the bass NO WAY that is a ric. I used to have a 4003, awesome axe! But a 400x is much larger than what Chris is playing. Also they have a crested headstock. If it were a rick the other possibility would be a 300x bass but they were intended as a budget model and don't have any binding, so can't be that either :)

The video doesnt show his bass from the front unfortunately but you can see that it's a singlecut model with block inlays and single binding. My bet is on a Epiphone Les Paul bass. The current model doesn't have block inlays, but iirc the older ones did...

You guys are observant! Yes, it's a 2005 Korean made Epiphone. I guess in most cases nothing particularly special, but this one has got to be one of the best this factory made. It's heavy, has a set neck, triple stop tailpiece, and a very cool burst finish It just sounds good to me, AND stays in tune. I used it last year after the Biebob gig just as a change of pace and instantly took a liking to it. I think I was originally attracted to it because it reminds me of Ace Frehley's Les Paul. The P bass is an early to mid 70's pre lawsuit Ibanez. It's a tank and I love it, and I'll probably return to it from time to time, but I like to change things up to keep it interesting. I don't post here much, so I am going to try to figure out how to load some pics of it... I actually have it here in the hotel, I'm rehearsing a special song we have prepared for you all at one of the upcoming gigs...

i get the feeling I am posting these incorrectly .. I'll have to ask Paul later If he can show me how

/Users/ChrisWisco/Desktop/6:29/DSC00239.JPG
/Users/ChrisWisco/Desktop/6:29/DSC00240.JPG

hehe ok :)

to post pictures you have to upload them to the internet first :)

special song? :D nice!!! i hope it won't be just at dynamo! i might go to the kade, i'll be at biebob for sure. my guess is the special song will be played there, and if i'm guessing right i will love it for sure :D !!! talk to ya guys later! :)

Yay!! We now have 4/5 of the band posting.

We need to have Nunez post, as I feel I am the only Motorhead fanboy on this forum!! :lol:

Chris - Cool, I used to have a Fender P-Bass that I loved. I had a Squier J-Bass, but in all honsesty, I thought was kind of weak. Nothing will ever beat the Ric I used to have. I currently have a lower end Ibanez Soundgear, but love it! Ibanez seems to be one company which I have found the same quality in all price-rangers of their products.

So what other bands did you see besides ND?
Here i go,

I saw on Friday :
Complete set or at least 40'
Dedicted : Belgian Metalcore, not familiar with them, sufficient
Steak Number Eight : Belgian Postmetal, good
Moonspell : Excellent, old and new work with guest vocals from Anneke Van Giersbergen
Symphony X : Very Good
Ministry : Excellent, i was into a trance

Excerpts of at least 10 minutes from :
Nile, Obituary and Behemoth: to brutal for me
Testament : They had a very bad sound so i left and went to Nile
Firewind : Power Metal

The headliner on Friday was Judas Priest : Very theatrical in the beginning. Metal Gods was played at slow-motion and sound. After Breaking the Law i left the festival ground to have a good night-rest and be very awake for saturday

On Saturday :
Complete set of :
Novembers Doom : excellent, needless to say more. Although some laptop problems but WiscoKid solved them. He's a real problem-solver i think (remember Agalloch in Biebob).
Hollenthon : Austria, not familiar with their music, good
Dying Fetus : Brutal, but with great riffs. Good, not familiar with their music.
Immortal : Good, not familiar with them
Iced Earth : Very good, old and new stuff even from the Glorious Burden.
My Dying Bride : excellent with as highlight for me The cry of Mankind
Kiss : A real circus, they had a 15' power outage during the drum solo and i was happy with that. To long outro's and interaction with the crowd. Spectacular encores with Flying-Gene and floating Paul

Excerpts of Cavalera Conspiracy, Sabaton, Delain and Forbidden.

On Sunday :
Rotting Christ : Very Good, nice balance between old and newer stuff.
Alchemist : Aussies, Although i'm familiar with their music i didn't had great expectations, but they surprised me a lot.Highlight was Chinese Whispers. Check this band if you don't know them. Excellent
Primordial : Good, very charismatic frontman.
Arch Enemy : Liked the guitar-solos a lot but still find it difficult to keep listening to Angela Gossow. Good
Iron Maiden : Excellent, Most songs were from Powerslave, Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time + classics. Highlight for me was Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Excerpts of Black Tide, Soilwork, At the Gates and Apocalyptica(didn't fit on the mainstage).

Overall conclusion : I've seen some excellent shows, some disappointments(eg.Testament and cancellation of Opeth and Volbeat). I think the festival has reached it's crowd-limit. Besides that, the windy conditions made it difficult to listen to the bands on the mainstage.

Playing the fest was one of the absolute highlights of my life, to say the least. Being able to walk around and experience the whole fest was quite a special experience for me. I know for some of you guys here it's nothing new to experience these fests but for me it was a dream come true. Really glad that I have a dvd copy of the show to watch because it was a bit of a blur, to be honest.

P.S. I'm a Motorhead fanatic too, Jason. Not as much as Nunez but still...

:headbang:I hope you got some new fans playing at Graspop..It really looked like you were kicking ass on stage:Smokin:

Hell yeah!! I little late but I want to leave a few words about how good were your Graspop gig.

I saw you at Plato (Helmond) and Biebob (Vooselaar) during ND+Agalloch+Saturnus+ Thurisaz tour in november 2006 and I was longing for repeating the experience. Great sound, great performance, a lot of people... just too short, for obvious reasons.

My friend bought the DVD and a "Novella reservoir" T-Shirt and I bought the DVD. Then, he (I´m a little shy I guess) went to your signing session and I got here in Madrid my signed copy from the DVD :headbang:

In the Metal Market tent I saw Vito and Chris giving flyers from the DVD release.

Thank you very much again for gig... but next it would be better you play in Madrid. Too expensive travelling every year to Belgium and the Netherlands to see you :lol:

Alchemist : Aussies, Although i'm familiar with their music i didn't had great expectations, but they surprised me a lot.Highlight was Chinese Whispers. Check this band if you don't know them. Excellent

I know I'm a bit late on this..but I love Alchemist! Unfortunately I'd never had the chance so far to see and hear'm play Live,"Chinese Whispers" is my fav song from their album "Spiritech" the other album I got is "Organasm"...Great band! :)

Is that link to an actual officially authorized Graspop site, because if it's not an authorized site then I'd prefer that link be taken down. The only people who have the permission to be releasing that footage are the bands and the Graspop people themselves.

From now on guys, please ask permission first before posting links like this, just in case y'know?