Live Videos Thread

Nope, ETID and old songs are played like they were recorded - in D tuning (white guitar), while Drop C songs are now played in Drop B (black guitar) :rofl:
I think he knows this. IIRC some one just said that they seemed to play ETID with the same guitar as BD and some other drop tuning songs, thus the question.

What's going on here, on Part I of the concert they're playing Morrigan, In Your Face, Are You Dead Yet?, Halo of Blood, Every Time I Die all with the same guitar. Anyone can tell what the tuning they have?
Just watched the video... what? :D He switches from a black guitar to a white one between I Hurt and ETID.

The "full" concert video.

This stuck my eye from the comment section:

I also think they were much better at this point than now, but its hard to place why. Is it because Alexi can't play as well? Because fans focus on him and Warman and shows have become less about a band playing and more about them playing? I don't like Roope much either; Alex (K) is a more technically capable player and had a huge effect on songwriting if the albums following Reaper are any indication.

:D

Alexi really does sound great here. Also, his playing is great. Looks so relaxed even in the more challenging parts.

That's back when he had hair. :p And used Jacksons and Alexander was there. He's energized and into it.

I hope that the new guitarist, whoever the heck it's going to be, is going to help Alexi relax and focus.

That Mask of Sanity song in the 2001 live *-* This is just fucking awesome ! I've never really liked this song, it was just ok to me. But seeing now it's live potential I'm like.. WOW !

This stuck my eye from the comment section:

I also think they were much better at this point than now, but its hard to place why. Is it because Alexi can't play as well? Because fans focus on him and Warman and shows have become less about a band playing and more about them playing? I don't like Roope much either; Alex (K) is a more technically capable player and had a huge effect on songwriting if the albums following Reaper are any indication.

:D

Alexi really does sound great here. Also, his playing is great. Looks so relaxed even in the more challenging parts.

Jep, there he still looked metal. And that sexy Jackson is, well sexy!

That's back when he had hair. :p And used Jacksons and Alexander was there. He's energized and into it.

I hope that the new guitarist, whoever the heck it's going to be, is going to help Alexi relax and focus.

Yeah, he seemed relaxed, although some prick(s) threw some bottles at him... I really like, when he screams "WHAT'S UUUUP?!?" at the beginning of MoS. :) I also pleased by the quality of this video, most of their old videos' display is just a bunch of pixels due to wrong digitalisation, imo.

Nice Find man, havent seen that one before

im going to rethink about that, after seen janne having trouble with his keyboard stand, i remember a gig where he throws his keyboard away after getting pissed off.. i some how get the feeling it was in part 2 or 3 of this gig haha

Last edited: