Live Videos Thread

I tried my first Jack Daniels today. Seriously, who the fuck drinks that? It tastes awful!

Way off topic, are you drunk because you tried it? :rofl: I really loved this drink, but that was when I used to drink...I would probably puke nowadays :D and sorry but I am from the other side so hello :rofl: no Finland here, I am from Serbia!

Way off topic, are you drunk because you tried it? :rofl: I really loved this drink, but that was when I used to drink...I would probably puke nowadays :D and sorry but I am from the other side so hello :rofl: no Finland here, I am from Serbia!
I've drunk loads of beer and other stuff too it's not only the JD that has gotten me drunk .

Last edited:
Those solos on Angels don't kill are awesome. First time I heard it live I was like "Oh, is this on the album ? Did I miss it ? o_O". And I was truly amazed by how great it sounds.

Regarding Jack Daniel's I think it's the cliché alcoholic thing. Lot of people says they love Jack Daniel's but they probably know nothing about whiskey for it's really really shit. But eh, the bottle's nice, maybe that's what justifies the price !

The Bloostock is my favorite Angel's Don't Kill performance, the harmonies, the pinch harmonics, all the stuff they do when they come back after the solos, sounds great. The sound is nice on the Unholy Alliance version and how the guitars are entirely separated per speaker. The Roope improv doesn't even sound that good. But it sure gets Janne and Alexi to crack up, especially since Roope isn't exactly the guy to go off script.

One things for sure, COB needs to come out with a new double live DVD.

The sad thing is that we know almost for sure that there won't be another dvd from them. While I can understand that it would cost more money then they would get, this is such a big thing to make for the fans. I just don't get why they wouldn't pay it themselves. Sure they are not Metallica or anything close to what Metallica earns, but I think they are big enough to be able to pay for a new dvd just for the fan's sake.

But eh, as I said, we know it won't happen XD

The Bloostock is my favorite Angel's Don't Kill performance, the harmonies, the pinch harmonics, all the stuff they do when they come back after the solos, sounds great. The sound is nice on the Unholy Alliance version and how the guitars are entirely separated per speaker. The Roope improv doesn't even sound that good. But it sure gets Janne and Alexi to crack up, especially since Roope isn't exactly the guy to go off script.

One things for sure, COB needs to come out with a new double live DVD.
That really is a great video. The sound quality is brilliant too.

How do we know there never will be a live DVD? The way I see it, they are with Nuclear Blast now, they have got, what, a 20th anniversary coming up, they're getting a new guitarist. Once they settle in with that guy, they should start recording live stuff. And I mention a double live DVD precisely so we get more than just the usual setlist. One DVD for a whole Anniversary show, plus one with unheard of songs live and extras like good rig rundowns, soundchecks, interview with fans, people from the industry, Roope, Alexander, etc. Actually make that one Blu Ray disk. The music business is still so behind.

Well, Alexi and Janne said in some interview that they wouldn't do another Live DVD because it costs a lot to produce and "Nobody buys anything anymore, everybody's downloading, boohoo" .. And also about an anniversary tour I recall hearing in an interview that it was out of the question as well. And in case you're gonna ask for the links, I really can't remember which interview these were, but I found them on this forum and it's pretty recent ones. But my memory usually don't fail me and I'm pretty sure that's what they said.
Yet, I would absolutly love at 20th anniversary Double DVD. That'd be pretty awesome..

I've drunk loads of beer and other stuff too it's not only the JD that has gotten me drunk .

Everything's fine man, I was just teasing you :D

I also remember Roope playing a killer solo on ADK last time I saw them too (Metaldays 2014), but there is no video on youtube.
However, I really love Bloodstock vids too and check this:

At 4:20 Roope plays this awesome lick...I really love the way he used to make live versions more...live :rofl: Antti is a good guy but he played too much "according to the book".

I agree that there is no point for a new live dvd unless they change the setlist and bring a good enough 2nd guitar replacement.

Well, Alexi and Janne said in some interview that they wouldn't do another Live DVD because it costs a lot to produce and "Nobody buys anything anymore, everybody's downloading, boohoo" .. And also about an anniversary tour I recall hearing in an interview that it was out of the question as well. And in case you're gonna ask for the links, I really can't remember which interview these were, but I found them on this forum and it's pretty recent ones. But my memory usually don't fail me and I'm pretty sure that's what they said.
Yet, I would absolutly love at 20th anniversary Double DVD. That'd be pretty awesome..

No worries, I trust your memory. But I don't trust anything Alexi and Janne say. If Nuclear Blast decides it wants to do it, what, are these two geniuses going to say 'no'? They did a 15th anniversary tour, but they're not going to do a 20th one? Please. Unless perhaps it coincides with a future album tour, which would be poor planning on their part. So, they're not going to do anything for the 20 years then? Or perhaps another pointless compilation album, or another pointless covers album. I would bet on an anniversary tour + something else and that's where I hope someone with sense decides on a live package--double DVD/BR+CD+T-shirt+stickers, etc. That's how you get people to buy this stuff, add tangible things that you can't download.