Living Dead Beat

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
It's difficult to explain what I'm intending to ask...

When CoB is playing this song to you, are they playing you a beat that tells about the living dead, or are they telling you about living beaten to death?

I always thought it's like Livingdead Beat. Not Living Deadbeat.

Living Deadbeat

And deadbeat has nothing to do with getting beaten to death, it's a jobless bum that does nothing but drink and is a drain on society.

Shit.. I think they got the idea from Nylon Beat, because of the female singer Jonna Kosonen.. You know like Alexi is playing his new riffs and says he's doing something about the living dead.. and he just says the living dead beat when he's telling which song he's talking about.. I thought that would've been super cool. But what you're saying suits the album's theme better.

Dig up yourself from your grave -- Livingdead Beat
LIKE the living dead we'll never die -- Living Deadbeat

It's up to your taste I guess.. you know, whether it's about bums or zombies.. Actually I don't care; I realized a few days ago that bums actually look like the living dead.. so it's cool any way around.

This one is cool: FUCK YOU BEAT! (like you discover someone you thought was dead to be alive)

I think it's probably cleverly symbolical, not so determined.. it's a hybrid of the two theories, you can think about it rationally or mythically.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I think it's probably cleverly symbolical, not so determined.. it's a hybrid of the two theories, you can think about it rationally or mythically.

Or you can think about it in it's real meaning of Jobless bum who drinks and is a drain on society.

Maybe the band gets sickatired of stupid fans and change the name of the song into Jobless Bum Who Drinks and is a Drain on Society.
I dunno man.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Maybe the band gets sickatired of stupid fans and change the name of the song into Jobless Bum Who Drinks and is a Drain on Society.
I dunno man.

No offence bro, but as a native english speaker, i'll trust my meaning of the word over anyone elses.

-Gavin- said:
Living Deadbeat

And deadbeat has nothing to do with getting beaten to death, it's a jobless bum that does nothing but drink and is a drain on society.

Like Alexi? so the song is about him? :p no offence but making music isnt a job its a privilege!! But I guess he is doing society good by swearing and acting like a "I dont give a flying fuck", lol ok sorry im just joking around... :Spin: