Looking for new bands

$t0n3r

Stoner Guitarist
Sep 19, 2003
Aussie
Visit site
Hey, can you guys name some more bands that i might like, i'm looking stuff similar to pantera, sepultura and meshuggah. just that heavy stuff but not like the haunted or nile. thanks

Pantera, Sepultura and Meshuggah are very different. Old Sepultura or new Sepultura? Anyways, check out Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Carnal Forge, Candiria, God Forbid, Dew Scented.....

I take it your after the more Thrash/Groove Metal kinda stuff? Try...if you haven't already:

TESTAMENT, KREATOR, DEVOLVED, EXHORDER, PISSING RAZORS, MACHINE HEAD (I'd only bother with their first 2 releases), FEAR FACTORY, BRUJERIA, ASSESINO, CHIMERIA, LAMB OF GOD, GOD FORBID, HATEBREED...to name a couple. This should keep you quiet.

Testament -The Legacy, The New Order, The Gathering

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends, Time Does Not Heal

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill, Coma Of Souls

Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World, The Politics Of Ecstasy, Enemies Of Reality

Exodus - Bonded By Blood

union9 said:
I take it your after the more Thrash/Groove Metal kinda stuff? Try...if you haven't already:

TESTAMENT, KREATOR, DEVOLVED, EXHORDER, PISSING RAZORS, MACHINE HEAD (I'd only bother with their first 2 releases), FEAR FACTORY, BRUJERIA, ASSESINO, CHIMERIA, LAMB OF GOD, GOD FORBID, HATEBREED...to name a couple. This should keep you quiet.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :)

Yes testament, hatebreed, lamb of god, hatebreed pissing razors, and there is a song by cannibal corpse you should hear..I dont like them much but ther song unleasing the bloodthirsty is quite good, but its probably harder then what you want, also Nightrage you may like

I don't see anything wrong with the Haunted or Nile...........But anyway, there has already been a lot of good bands listed above so now I'm forced to stretch a little. Try some Superjoint Ritual, Soulfly, Skinlab (You'll probably love 'em), Otep, Opeth, Nothingface, Mudvayne (as if you haven't ever heard them), Fear Factory (Obsolete is the best).

Dr. Ummer said:
Try some Superjoint Ritual, Soulfly, Otep, Nothingface, Mudvayne (as if you haven't ever heard them).
o_O Steer clear, meng. Serious suckage, IMO. As for bands like Meshuggah alls i can think of is Mnemic. They're like a mix of Meshuggah and Fear Factory, I reckon you'd enjoy their debut, "Mechanical Spin Phenomena".