Lost...

I think it was her computer is so outdated that it cant run the HD episodes

Well, they do have the non-HD version of this week's episode available as well, so unless her computer is truly archaic or operating on a phone modem or something, she should be able to find a way to get it to work. It should just be a matter of tweaking her browser settings or downloading firefox, etc.

Jason

OH MY GOODNESS!!! :hotjump: :hotjump:

This is the first episode since the time travel one that's totally impressed me and given us a lot to chew on! I laughed silly at Jin and Sun's expressions when they saw Michael on the boat and I could almost feel Jack's throbbing migraine as he found out Claire was his sister. The press conference was awesome, as was Hurley's car gift, and the exchange between Sun and her father! Hooo what an episode!! :headbang:

I wish they would stop messing with the time it airs, so many people are going to be pissed when they miss an hour of the season finale. :rolleyes:

So do you think the mirror communication was with Jacob? What was that all about? o_O

I think it was the guy who picked up Kate and Sayyid, and who apparently doesn't age.

But yeah, awesome. If I was Jack I think I would have told his mother, i'm not sure though...

...So do you think the mirror communication was with Jacob? What was that all about? o_O

not Jacob, but with 'the Others'. The same people who picked up Kate and Sayid. Jacob is a bit harder to find, much less communicate with. ;)

My guess is that 'the Others' are on their way to The Orchid for a final showdown with the guys from the boat. And that's what the communication was about - Ben letting them know where he was headed.

previously i had said i thought time on the island was different to the time off the island.
i think it was proved true for 2 reasons.
1) one of Keeme's (or however you spell it) troops told the doctor they got a message saying the doctor washed up on the island with his throat cut. than, the doctor gets his throat cut and is thrown into the ocean.

2) 2 episodes ago, the helicopter pilot ran through the jungle and told Sawyer (and who he was with) to hide because Kemee was coming. he also had that hand held tracker.
But, it was only in this most recent episode he took off and threw the 2nd tracker outside to jack.
-I think time moves faster on the island. And the "bearing" they always have to stick to is somehow the one area/path in which something isn't sped up.

Also- we finally saw "abaddon" again. first he came to see hurley in the hospital, near the beginning of the season. now we saw him pushing locke's wheelchair in his hospital.
What's more strange is Jack's dad, and now sister, were in the cabin. Jack's dad even said he could speak on Jacob's behalf. Claire even seemed content in the cabin, as if she had been part of this all along.

And than there's that guy who was interested in Locke as a little boy, who hasn't appeared to age on bit. Even though Locke has surpassed him in age, (relating to appearance). I think this man must have something to do with Jacob, he's got to be a bigger piece of it. Maybe he is Jacob?

They also mentioned literally moving the island. Maybe this has something to do with one of the many lies that was told during the Oceanic 6 press conference?
They said they washed up on one island, found a lifeboat from reckage, and proceeded to another island. Maybe this represents a possible shift of the island?

And when Ben mentioned to Locke it was his turn, and Ben has run his course. Of course, Ben is always manipulating people. But he seemed to let his guard down when he said to Locke:
"He thinks staying was actually his choice. Not bad John."
Locke than answered with
"I'm not you Ben."
Ben's face seemed nervous for a split second, like as small as that comment may have been, it wasn't something he planned for or expected which is rare with Ben.

Is everyone still drooling over how awesome yesterday's episode was? Surprised there has been no discussion. The other forum I go to is over 30 pages for last night's episode alone. I think it was quite possibly my favorite single episode of any tv show I've watched.

im sad that some bastard posted a Lost spoiler, without notice :cry:, and he turned out to be right :cry:, stupid Locke in the coffin. If next season is them coming back to the island, im not entirely sure at this point if that makes me want to watch it...idk

I stayed away from the boards all week to avoid those spoilers. I hope Locke's being in the casket doesn't mean his character will be used sparingly next year ... he's one of my favorites. Hopefully they will split the season between on and off island happenings .. I'm sure they will. One would think Locke is still alive on the island. Ben should have some interesting things going on ... he's apperantly able to leap from locale to locale. I take it Desmond and Penny will still be around as Ben plans to kill her as retribution for Widmore's changing of the rules and subsequent killing of his daughter. How long before Ben or Sayid goes after her? I don't think Sayid will be able to do it .. it might come down to a Ben and Desmond standoff at some point.

Britt

im sad that some bastard posted a Lost spoiler, without notice :cry:, and he turned out to be right :cry:, stupid Locke in the coffin. If next season is them coming back to the island, im not entirely sure at this point if that makes me want to watch it...idk

I imagine next season is going to be everyone else still on the island with more future glimpses of Jack trying to convince everyone to go back and Sun hooking up with Whidmore to get back at Ben.

I recorded the season finale yesterday, I'm going to watch it over the weekend. Most awsome show since X-Files.

I loved the episode... don't want to write much in detail about it since there are obviously some people who haven't seen it yet, but it was definitely a 10/10 rating for me.

** Spoiler Discussion Below **

that finale was amazing. i dont think locke is really dead. ben always has a plan, which they chose to make clear at the end of the season, (even though the last time it was so firmly stated was probably sesaon 3).
i think hes still alive and on the island.

i also think what it looks like is the island goes underwater, moves, and comes up somewhere else. if anybody remembers that Black boat that was found in the middle of island- everyone wondering how it got there. if it goes underwater and comes up, it would bring everything in the ocean up with it and i think thats what happened.

and what about those people in the boat with faraday? after the island moved it didn't tell anything about them. i think they may have been close enough to have been moved along with the island perhaps?

about locke again, anyone think he might be jacob? that guy who visited locke as a child (forget his name- hes one of the others who doesnt seem to age). when he visited locke he was asking him which items he owned before- a possible reincarnation type idea? and i also wonder all 3 names we've heard Locke go by have all started with J.
im dont necesarily believe this, but it was a thought.

the other thought is that black man who tried to visit hurley in the insane assylum, and locke (before the crash), in the hospital pushing his wheelchair.
his nametag said "abaddon" the one time he went to visit hurley.
also, he mentions to John Locke, (when in the hospital before the crash), a favor. The man says to locke, "you owe me one".
perhaps that "one" could be his new role as the "new-ben". if the black man is jacob, it would make sense how that could be the repayment.

The dude wheeling Locke around on a previous episode is named Matthew Abaddon. He's shown up a few times ... he organized the group of four that came to the island this season (Lapedis the Helicopter pilot, Daniel Faraday, Charlotte Lewis, and Miles Straum). He also showed up once to talk with Hurley at the mental ward, and asked if anyone was still alive on the island.

I don't know if this guy is a bad guy or a good guy. My guess is that he's tied to Paik industries (Sun's Dad's business), or Widmore Industries. He somehow was able to get those four put on the same boat with the Widmore industry mercenaries, but it seems each group has different agendas.

I don't think Matthew Abaddon is Jacob .. but, I do think the addition of ghost hunter Miles Straum shows that he wants to find out about the paranormal happenings on the island.

Britt

I'm really starting to love Miles! His comment about Charlotte coming back to the island was rather interesting.

I agree that this was an incredible episode! So much to talk about, but I just don't have the time right now. :-\

Fringe made me wonder when the new episodes of LOST will air.
Apparently it's not scheduled to return until early 2009.
What a joke :cry:

Yeah it's pretty depressing how long we have to wait. Season 4 doesn't even hit DVD until sometime in December. Convenient for X-Mas I suppose. Without Lost, my interest in network TV is pretty much zero.