Lost...

Good point, Jibrille .. forgot about that canoe flash.

Jasonic ... I just kind of thought that was Locke being his spiritual self. He would be one to believe that once the body dies the spirit moves on. That's what I thought he was getting at more than anything else.

Jack is the man of science, and Locke is the man of faith. I was surprised how well Jack took that .. he usually would fly off the handle and call that thought ridiculous. It looked like those two will have a future meeting .. perhaps one that sees Locke walk again.

I'm not sure what was up with Desmond, but he's one in which rules don't seem to apply. Rose & Bernard didn't see him ... or so they say. I'm not so sure I believe them.

Britt

It'll be interesting to see what this possible reality is. Whether it's truly an alternative reality or what Juliet meant by "it worked" (I'm so pissed she died btw even if I figured it was happening after she got the main role in V).
Maybe this is the reality where the loop is broken so they never ended up on the island but it won't come together until they are able to stop smokey. We do know enough things have changed since Shannon isn't on the plane. Which probably means Desmond finished that boat race or never even entered it since everything that was happening to him up until that point was destiny leading him to end up on that island.

Also, I loved Frogurt asleep in between Locke and Boone the entire time. :lol:

It's not really a new group. It's still the Others and at least a part of it is the group that we've been aware of since s3 which explains the presence of the flight attendant and those kids all 5 years older. In fact, we know the group that was in the village went to the Temple before they came back to follow John.

Fair enough, then it's just a continuation of my earlier annoyance at the growing number of cadres rather than new annoyance at yet another new group :)

Ken

I get the idea Sawyer and Juliet will meet up again in the alternate timeline ... as she was croakin' she said something along the lines of .. "lets get coffee ... we can go dutch". Maybe she meets Sawyer shortly after the plane landing at LAX.

Perhaps this whole thing will end up with these characters having just enough memory of their relationships on the island that they will be drawn together in the real world. I dunno?

Britt

i think the alternate timeline is showing how all the individuals lives would still be intertwined with or without the crash.

however there are still questions about people we didn't see on the plane...such as eko and shannon for starters. that and the fact that desmond was on the plane?

i think that timeline is showing as if jack's idea succeeded. which is interesting considering what juliet wanted to say to sawyer before she died (that miles later found by hearing spirits like he does) was "it worked".

also...i think there are implications of the bomb beyond just not crashing. i think it drastically couldve altered much more than just the plane crash.

After last night's show....
Would someone just give Josh Holloway the Emmy now?

You speak the truth brother!!! He is freakin' awesome!

lostemmy.jpg

i think the alternate timeline is showing how all the individuals lives would still be intertwined with or without the crash.

however there are still questions about people we didn't see on the plane...such as eko and shannon for starters. that and the fact that desmond was on the plane?

i think that timeline is showing as if jack's idea succeeded. which is interesting considering what juliet wanted to say to sawyer before she died (that miles later found by hearing spirits like he does) was "it worked".

also...i think there are implications of the bomb beyond just not crashing. i think it drastically couldve altered much more than just the plane crash.

I totally agree w/ you on the alternate timeline! That was kinda my theory when I saw last weeks opener! But that ending? CLAIRE , ALIVE??!! WTFF:OMG:

I'm looking forward to next week...mostly because I'm tired of Kate. I love Lost...LOVE IT...but I'm pretty much done with Kate. She can swallow a poison pill for all I care.

I want to see more of the other camp next week...see where Richard's gonna get carried off to. WHOO HOO!!! LOST!

Yea, I'm pretty much done with Kate and frankly, I was sick to death of Juliet too. Talk about a waffler. You could never tell who side she was on or what her motivations were and that sickly sweet voice got on my nerves too. She always sounded patronizing to me.

Yea, Clare's back, but she's possessed by something. I like her better this way. ;) Does anyone else think that Sayid might have been taken over by the smoke monster somehow as his minions or something? I mean, what's gotten in to him and Clare?

Great, Sawyer's gone to the dark side. Guess I should have seen that coming, but he was my favorite character. Somehow I couldn't see him being the new Jacob though. Would have been more in character to have chosen the apathy route.

Can someone explain, (or try to) the whole part with Eko? Why was he spared when he stared down the black smoke monster the first time, but not the second. Why can the smoke monster kill some people but not others? Maybe he can't touch Jacob's recruits?

For some reason I think the dark side might be the good side. Jacob the manipulator and the torturing Others don't seem all that good to me.

Great episode last night ... beat the hell out of last weeks, and could go down as one of the best ever. Hopefully they can stay on this kind of pace from here on out.

The numbers finally came into play .. we don't know exactly what they mean, but we now know they correspond to six different Losties. Interesting that Kate was not on of them listed. Also .. Jacob touched both Sun and Jin at their wedding ... perhaps their child Ji Yeon of whatever came about because of that touch .. who knows?

The young boy ghost figure popping up sure seemed to rattle MIB/FakeLocke ... might be Jacob popping up to remind him of the rules. "You can't kill him" ... I think that was in reference to Sawyer, but it's debatable.

As for Eko .. he wanted off the show .. they had to write him out of the script. It seems like they did that awkwardly right now, but hopefully in the end they can make his demise make sense.

Britt

Finally got around to watching last night's show. I'm so happy to have not laid eyes on Kate or Jack for an entire episode. I love seeing all these characters introduce themselves to eachother. "Benjamin Linus, European History." And it's nice to see Hurley having done some (seemingly) good things with his money. What was the place Locke was working for that Hurley owns?

I find it also interesting to see that the parallel "real life" characters seemingly change their entire outlook on life or are in terrible circumstances. Hurley doesn't look like he feels too cursed by his wealth anymore, Locke looses his faith ("Don't wait for a miracle because it ain't gonna happen"), Jin and Sun are still not getting along, Kate is a fugitive, Claire is on the other side of the planet and is days away from giving birth to a baby that isn't wanted because the adoptive parents split up.... I'd really like to see how all of this resolves itself. I still think it revolves around what Juliette (I think) said about everyone would be better off if they had never crashed on the island.

Finally got around to watching last night's show. I'm so happy to have not laid eyes on Kate or Jack for an entire episode. I love seeing all these characters introduce themselves to eachother. "Benjamin Linus, European History." And it's nice to see Hurley having done some (seemingly) good things with his money. What was the place Locke was working for that Hurley owns?

That's the box company that Locke works/ed for. Same one shown in Walkabout.

I find it also interesting to see that the parallel "real life" characters seemingly change their entire outlook on life or are in terrible circumstances. Hurley doesn't look like he feels too cursed by his wealth anymore, Locke looses his faith ("Don't wait for a miracle because it ain't gonna happen"), Jin and Sun are still not getting along, Kate is a fugitive, Claire is on the other side of the planet and is days away from giving birth to a baby that isn't wanted because the adoptive parents split up.... I'd really like to see how all of this resolves itself. I still think it revolves around what Juliette (I think) said about everyone would be better off if they had never crashed on the island.

Very Good point! And may I say, a very good observation overall!:)
This all makes much more sense now! Great episode last night too!
I thoroughly enjoyed it! :kickass:

So what did you think?

Not too many more questions answered, though the whole lighthouse thing was pretty fuckin' cool. I wish Jack hadn't smashed those mirrors as I would have liked to seen the images for others. Had Jacob been watching Locke since Locke's childhood??? We know he met some VERY young, like Sawyer........

Also, cool about Jack having a son. Interesting though that he wasn't part of his life when he came back home from the island. I suppose we learned that he was terrified of Jack, so when he went off for a long period of time never to return, the kid and mom probably wrote him off.

Interesting that the samurai has a child too.
Wonder how important these children will be to their purpose on the island.

Well, if you remember from a couple of seasons ago, Jack's wife and Sawyer's baby mama (who was was also in league with Kate) were on the island in the submerged station. I find it interesting that in the parallel universe, Jack's ex-wife is "not in town". With Claire, it should be interesting to see what happens when she finds that Aaron is not on the island and Kate had raised him, but turned him over to Claire's mum.