LTD AL 600 vs JACKSON RR24

It really comes down to the person whether you like painted necks or not. Alexi's Jackson Wildchild had a painted neck, the pinstriped one didn't.

His own 'real' ESP Scythe and Sawtooth also have this. The Scythe has a painted neck while the sawtooth doesn't. I like both and don't prefer the one above the other, both feel good to me. My RR24 has a finished neck too and it doesn't bother me but I can imagine people with very sweaty hands will like unfinished necks more then painted ones. Also oiled necks feel pretty good.

If I were you I'd just look which one looks better, I don't think you'll like the sawtooth neck more then the scythe one, I barely feel a difference in playing.

I now feel you're getting influenced by all the different personal tastes that we have here on the forum. Go to any random shop and try both a finished and unfinished neck and see which fits YOU best.

I just thought I should let you know that the Edwards guitars are really bad compared to the original ESP (Obviously) and are actually worse than the LTDs IMO.
Edwards uses really cheap wood for their guitars. Although the price seems really great for the components of the guitar, the components really lack quality.
When I compare my Edwards Alexi to my Ibanez RG2550Z, my Ibanez blows the Edwards away. The body's response to the strings' vibrations is far more clear on my Ibanez then on my Edwards.
I just thought I should let you know my experience with Edwards guitars.

EDIT: NVM lol, I thought you were considering buying the Edwards.

i am considering that..
so what guitar guitar has more comfortable frets?
ibanez or edwards?
cuz i have an ibanez and i love the frets compared to other guitars ive played..

My Ibanez is more comfortable lol.
But if you really like the Rhoads shape, then get a Rhoads shaped guitar. I'm just telling you that the Edwards aren't as great as some people say.

But if you really like the Rhoads shape, then get a Rhoads shaped guitar. I'm just telling you that the Edwards aren't as great as some people say.

Hmm, how much for your edwards? Scythe or Sawtooth?

Dude, you have gibson's that just don't have proper wood, you even have REAL gibsons made out of multiplex. I also had a LTD600 in a shop in Belgium and that one sucked while the one I played at music-store rocked. You can't just say edwards suck because of 1 guitar. Read many reviews on the internet and you actually see people with a good collection of guitars actually loving their Edwards. You actually own one so you'd know better then me but still.

The Edwards are better then the LTD ones. Flame me all you want.

You don't even know what you're talking about. This is what I mean... Fanbois who say Edwards is better just because it's a CS replica. The only thing which is really better is the shape! All specs are the same but the LTD has an original Floyd made in germany. Their is NO other difference between both guitars. Talking about better neck or something is bullshit because bove guitars have 1:1 the SAME.
I don't know why you guys are so narrow-minded because you really think the Edwards is better just and only because they look like Alexis CS.. Jesus! Fuck!

fuck im comfused someone alredy said the floyds are the same in edwards and ltd!!

wait wait wait. what are you saying? Edwards has bad quality guitars? This is not at all what I've read in most reviews. I mean forget the looks (since Arcane is saying that ppl like Edwards just cuz it's a replica of Alexi's CS). From what I've researched the actual quality is better on the Edwards guitars. Better than the LTD anyway. Which Edwards do you have? And also, I think you may be just more of an Ibanez player, so you're biased against the Edwards. Some ppl like the thin Ibanez necks over the fatter necks of other guitars. altho I've never played an Edwards myself, so I don't know what their necks are compared to an Ibanez neck. but I'm just saying...you seem to be more of an Ibanez boy.

You don't even know what you're talking about. This is what I mean... Fanbois who say Edwards is better just because it's a CS replica. The only thing which is really better is the shape! All specs are the same but the LTD has an original Floyd made in germany. Their is NO other difference between both guitars. Talking about better neck or something is bullshit because bove guitars have 1:1 the SAME.
I don't know why you guys are so narrow-minded because you really think the Edwards is better just and only because they look like Alexis CS.. Jesus! Fuck!

If we are all fanboys then why the FUCK did you get yourself an ESP Alexi Custom Shop guitar? Stop fucking bashing everybody.

They are NOT the same, the Edwards guitars have a better building quality. Also the quality of the ebony boards that are being placed on the fucking edwards guitars are better then those on the LTD ones.

The edwards also has overall beter looks, I don't like the USA ripoff shape. Sheesh fuck off with the narrow-minded thing and them being the same.

I have nothing against you but you sure don't make any sence right now..
And who the fuck said anything about one neck being better then the other? Please quote that for me sir.

The thing is that not even half the people who gave some reviews about the Edwards haven't played own of those guitars. The just say the guitar is better because of the look. Noone who own an Edwards would EVER say in his life that the quality isn't as good as the LTD or the LTD is better... this is the problem. And to be honest - I can say the same thing of people who own a LTD. All previews I've read about the Alexi 600 are good.
The thing is that there are always 3 parties. The RR24 guys, the Edwards and the LTD guys and no factional would ever say anything bad about his guitar. They will always say that his guitar is better than teh RR24/Edwards/LTD

Says who?

This is what I mean...:erk:

Read in reviews of people that played an 600 and compared it.

What you mean by what? That my personal taste afflects me being a fucking fanboy? Why do I have to like the USA RR shape? It's just my personal opinion dude.. :rolleyes:

Also in between there was a review of a guy who owned both the 600, the edwards and an SV. The SV pwned both according to him (no shit, kinda obvious) but the edwards had an better overall quality (compared to the 600). He found the USA RR to be more comfortable to play with so that was pretty unbiased.

not to throw out a stereo-type here, but Edwards are made in Japan. Japanese quality is known to be superior.

Also, Arcane, your sources seem to be very unreliable.

not to throw out a stereo-type here, but Edwards are made in Japan. Japanese quality is known to be superior.

Also, Arcane, your sources seem to be very unreliable.

:lol:

You mean just because Edwards were made in the same factory as ESP the quality is better? how naive is that?!? :lol:

I have played 3 different Edwards and 3 different LTD guitars and there is no difference in playing and the quality is the same.

The Scythed: I had a ESP SV for 2 years. I've played also the LTD and Edwards. I wouldn't say the SV is better just because it's a origianl ESP guitar - I like the sound of the Edwards and LTD more to be honest.

You are like little children who wants to have a thing just because it looks better than the same thing from another factory which is exact the same quality.

But it's senseless to discuss about it...:Smug: