LTD AL 600 vs JACKSON RR24

how exactly does one make a guitar neck "satin"? Like is it possible to do this on guitars that don't originally come with satin necks and are unpainted?

how exactly does one make a guitar neck "satin"? Like is it possible to do this on guitars that don't originally come with satin necks and are unpainted?
I think either its the same technique as when you seal teeth or just a special kind of varnish.

They are since very recently. From now on it's http://jackson.fender.jp/ no guitars with the 'stars' produced anymore buddy ;)
Got this from the JCF forum..

Ah, ok. Thx!

what sort of frets do edwards, ltd and rr24 have?

Edwards: 24 XJ (extra jumbo) frets
LTD: 24 XJ frets
RR24: 24 J frets, not extra large.

I don't know which I prefer, again for me the difference is almost unnoticable, in fact I don't notice the difference at all but some people do.
Again: you'd really need to try out the RR24 and the LTD in a shop, if the LTD feels right then order your edwards cuz that'll be fairly thesame. RR24 better? Go with that one, it is one awesome axe just like the ltd and the edwards are. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Yeah, I think Arcane is right. I'm pretty sure it's just a special find of finish applied to the wood, as opposed to paint. Which of course comes out (nearly) clear, and with a different (smoother) texture than paint.

yeah, im curios have you ever played an ibanez rg?

ibanez rg has jumbo frets,so does jackson. XJ are just bigger.
fret.gif

Yeah, I think Arcane is right. I'm pretty sure it's just a special find of finish applied to the wood, as opposed to paint. Which of course comes out (nearly) clear, and with a different (smoother) texture than paint.

Hmm I see. So would a luthier have to do this? Or do you think it's safe to do this yourself at home? Like maybe there's more to it than just applying the finish? Either way, I'm gonna see if Guitar Center or Sam Ash carries this satin finish.

thnx guys.

yeah, im curios have you ever played an ibanez rg?

As the matter a fact, yes, I did. I absolutely hated the neck on it. They're called 'Wizard' necks and they come on a lot of Ibanez guitars. They are VERY thin, so thin it is uncomfortable to play for more then 10 minutes and they feel like they would crack very easily. The best way to describe the feel? They feel like matches.. to me.

A lot of people also like those necks, they phraise them and love them more then any other neck in the world. I'm not one of those people.

That being said, stop fucking asking us about which guitars we like! Of course we would like to help you, but you shouldn't get affected by all these personal tastes we have here on this forum. Get into a guitar shop, play all the guitars you might like there, write down which models they are and go onto the interwebz to find (unbiased, so not reviews from 12 year olds who swear its the goddamn best guitar they ever played, because that basically means they haven't played a lot of them unless they're talking about custom shop models) reviews on the guitars.

Everybody has different tastes. Nobody has the same life, because there are always differences in between two persons. This is what makes us individials. If you go make up your choice because of what we say, you will likely end up buying a guitar which you don't like yourself and you spent a hell of a lot money on.

Korean floyds aren't as sturdy as ones made in Germany.

Is this fact or internet hearsay?

I mean if its made with the same machines, with the same specs, just a Korean instaed of a German, why wouldn't they be as sturdy?

Diff metals perhaps?

Is this fact or internet hearsay?

I mean if its made with the same machines, with the same specs, just a Korean instaed of a German, why wouldn't they be as sturdy?

Diff metals perhaps?

In fact they're pretty the same, also the best metals used like in germany. Some people do refer to the german ones playing 'smoother'. I didn't notice this (why do so much people notice so much more things then me? wtf?!) and I think it's bogus. It's just because of the namesake I think. Same production process exactly the same as in germany. The only difference is that Korean employees are cheaper then German, but this shouldn't make a difference. :Smokin:

Well, Korean ones have a chance of not lasting longer than German ones.
Its basically the same concept as guitar manufacturers.
The ones produced outside of the company's home country don't go through a thorough maintenance process as the ones made in Germany and are produced with cheaper material; part of the reason why they're cheaper. Its like this because if a floydrose from korea turns out to be below standard quality customers can blame the poor production on the Korean factory, but if one produced in Germany turns out to be inferior, the company has no excuse, hence they get a bad rep.

Well, Korean ones have a chance of not lasting longer than German ones.
Its basically the same concept as guitar manufacturers.
The ones produced outside of the company's home country don't go through a thorough maintenance process as the ones made in Germany and are produced with cheaper material; part of the reason why they're cheaper. Its like this because if a floydrose from korea turns out to be below standard quality customers can blame the poor production on the Korean factory, but if one produced in Germany turns out to be inferior, the company has no excuse, hence they get a bad rep.

Terrific explanation, sir :kickass:
Mine is fine so lucky me then? :)
By the way the material used is the same though, I called my buddy who works @ Fender. He does a lot of setups and he knows his shit and he told me indeed there is a quality check but it is different then the quality check in germany. The germany ones are actually places on this machine applying pressure on all sides where there would be on a real guitar. If it passes it goes to the paint stuff, if it doesn't they melt it again and make a new one or something. In korea they only check if every part is okay by eye but they don't further test it. At least, this is what I understood. :)

Terrific explanation, sir :kickass:
Mine is fine so lucky me then? :)
By the way the material used is the same though, I called my buddy who works @ Fender. He does a lot of setups and he knows his shit and he told me indeed there is a quality check but it is different then the quality check in germany. The germany ones are actually places on this machine applying pressure on all sides where there would be on a real guitar. If it passes it goes to the paint stuff, if it doesn't they melt it again and make a new one or something. In korea they only check if every part is okay by eye but they don't further test it. At least, this is what I understood. :)

Ah...some real information on this.

Thank You!!

Well, my Korean made Floyd has been wonderful so far so hopefully it will stay together and I will stay a happy camper.

If not I guess i will just have to put a a gold Schaller on:kickass:

Ah...some real information on this.

Thank You!!

Well, my Korean made Floyd has been wonderful so far so hopefully it will stay together and I will stay a happy camper.

If not I guess i will just have to put a a gold Schaller on:kickass:

The schallers are shorter in length (if I'm correct) thus the route being too large (so it will probably look ugly), you do realise that do you?

The schallers are shorter in length (if I'm correct) thus the route being too large (so it will probably look ugly), you do realise that do you?

I did not realize that....thank you

Well then......gold floyd if my korean made fails:kickass:

Either way it will be gold...oh yes...it will be gold

I did not realize that....thank you

Well then......gold floyd if my korean made fails:kickass:

Either way it will be gold...oh yes...it will be gold

I might swap out mine for a gold one aswell :kickass:
But probably not for a long time, this one works very well I have nothing negative about it unless for the fact the tuning is really boring and takes a LOT of time. Even the tiniest adjustment on 1 finetuner makes another string go out of tune so sometimes it takes almost an hour.
I've also sometimes had that I was done within 15 minutes, I don't know why this differs so much. At the moment you lock the nut they are out of tune again so then the tuning with the finetuners begins.

Wait, I do have 1 thing to mention but it's easy to work around for now, probably an easy fix too. The finetuner of my thickest string (the first one you see if youre playing) won't go down on me (lol I said it like that on purpose).
I can't seem to get it all the way down, get's stuck around 4-5 turns before it is completely down. I'm gonna ask on the guitar-forum we have here in holland soon how to fix it, should be an easy fix I'll keep you updated. :loco: