\m/ Music to be angry to... \m/

WeepingMoon said:
instead of making another thread, i'll ask in here...

i always hear about that 'Strapping Young Lad' band.... whats everyones opinion about them? should i check them out?

everyone will say yes, but then again everyone would recommend Woods of Ypres, Children of Bodom, and Symphony X

the answer is no, they're basically gimmicky thrashy crap metal

WeepingMoon said:

i always hear about that 'Strapping Young Lad' band.... whats everyones opinion about them? should i check them out?

Devon Townsends band with Gene Hoglan on drums... Check out their self-titled album.. try a track off their called "Aftermath". You can't not like it!!

illidurit said:
everyone will say yes, but then again everyone would recommend Woods of Ypres, Children of Bodom, and Symphony X

the answer is no, they're basically gimmicky thrashy crap metal

Since you think your seo high and mighty.. What do you recommend he check out?

WeepingMoon said:

It is Devin townsend's brutal metal band, i would describe them as some kind of irregular sounding metal, they don't exactly fit in any category...maybe industrial/thrash, i dunno...very funny lyrics, i kinda enjoy SYL's music a lot, ''City'' and ''Alien'' are nice albums.

Rather than ask, why not just give it a shot? Download a couple songs and see what you think... that's what I do!

syl is the jack black of music

a sure hit among young adults because they're so wacky and HiLaRiiOuSS!!

meanwhile townsend is a terrible songwriter and lyricist, and none of the songs mean anything

:D i've been away for awhile lol sorry i missed all these posts.

well thanks for the info... u'll probably blow up on me, but i have not heard any of Devin Townsends band either..

there are lots of bands i always hear about on here that i have never heard lol

well i'll check them out and see what i think. just wasn't sure if they were worth the effort.

illidurit said:
syl is the jack black of music

a sure hit among young adults because they're so wacky and HiLaRiiOuSS!!

meanwhile townsend is a terrible songwriter and lyricist, and none of the songs mean anything

hes creative, but often irritatingly incoherent and bizarre.