Maiden| A Matter of Life and Death?

I just wish I knew how musicans/labels get paid for when their music is on Rhapsody. I listen to so much there, that my CD buying is down lately. I was in the mind that they'd get paid anyhow, just by me listening to their albums. But if they are getting almost nothing from it, perhaps I'll still buy my favorite albums to support those artists.

**Patiently waits for her deluxe version and special shirt to arrive in the mail today** :loco:

I heard that @ Best Buy you get the CD plus a special patch... if this is true I am buying my brother an early b-day present and keeping the patch :saint:

Good cd. I'm real suprised though that they didn't release Different World as the lead single cos that would have been as good as Wicker Man was six years ago. It's getting to be that the 2000 era of Maiden is turning into a mid tempo, epic slightly proggy group and hey, it sounds pretty cool.

Downloading rant: Today the new Blind Guardian came out too in the US. Two of metals more significant bands (as well as long time personal favorites) releasing long awaited brand new studio albums on the same damn day? Today was a soggy dream come true. With bands like these two and other groups I'm an actual fan of I never download leaked albums til release date. You only hear new songs once before they get relegated to your memory and that feeling is one of the reasons I listen to music. So yea, for several dozen bands I will not hear new music until release date. However to discover new up and comers? Yea I'm all over the place getting clips and songs to check em out. Usually this is just off myspace sites or various homepages. I havent messed with a P2P program since Audiogalaxy.

Pabla said:
**Patiently waits for her deluxe version and special shirt to arrive in the mail today** :loco:

I heard that @ Best Buy you get the CD plus a special patch... if this is true I am buying my brother an early b-day present and keeping the patch :saint:

I got the one with the patch today from Best Buy. Not a great patch but what do you want for free right? Man, $9.99 with a DVD and patch. It's all good. Solid album thus far, although have not heard it all.

FatesFan said:
I got the one with the patch today from Best Buy. Not a great patch but what do you want for free right? Man, $9.99 with a DVD and patch. It's all good. Solid album thus far, although have not heard it all.

Man, the shirt is sweet! I'll post a pic of it tomorrow night... can you post a pic of the patch? I might re-buy it just to get that item :oops:

Pabla said:
Man, the shirt is sweet! I'll post a pic of it tomorrow night... can you post a pic of the patch? I might re-buy it just to get that item :oops:
I'll trade you the shirt for the patch! :lol: Seriously, the patch is pretty lame. It's only about 2 inches square, black and white, thin, flimsy sew-on kinda thing (the white on black image is same as back cover with Eddie in an army helmet and guns crossed). I gave up my patched denim years ago, so if you want it, I can mail no charge. Just PM me :)

I bought the one with the poster inside from Circuit City. It's pretty cool, but it's basically just the front cover artwork.

I'd like to have a Maiden shirt though!

I watched the DVD last night and it's pretty good as well. I like the fact they talk about what the songs are about. These Colours Don't Run is probably my favorite track so far.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I'll trade you the shirt for the patch! :lol: Seriously, the patch is pretty lame. It's only about 2 inches square, black and white, thin, flimsy sew-on kinda thing (the white on black image is same as back cover with Eddie in an army helmet and guns crossed). I gave up my patched denim years ago, so if you want it, I can mail no charge. Just PM me :)

Hahaha! I don't think you want my shirt... it's cool and all but it's a stretchy girls size small :lol:

Sweet! Thanks so much... I don't care how small it is... if you want to give it up that is very nice of you! I'll PM you my addy
:worship:

edgeofthorns said:
I bought the one with the poster inside from Circuit City. It's pretty cool, but it's basically just the front cover artwork.

I'd like to have a Maiden shirt though!

I watched the DVD last night and it's pretty good as well. I like the fact they talk about what the songs are about. These Colours Don't Run is probably my favorite track so far.

I gotta watch the DVD... I was going to tonight, but last night I had a huge cricket or locust? in my bedroom that was making a horrible noise the whole night... I am barely with my eyes open as I type here at work :zombie:

kittybeast said:
hmmm TSO wearing a girly Maiden shirt.... they offered a variety of sizes and of course we got the girly shirts. Great logo and very good quality.

It was very cool to get them right on the release date too... Sanctuary did an awesome job with their pre-orders... everybody I've heard from got their days before or the day of release.

kittybeast said:
hmmm TSO wearing a girly Maiden shirt.... they offered a variety of sizes and of course we got the girly shirts. Great logo and very good quality.

Pabla said:
Hahaha! I don't think you want my shirt... it's cool and all but it's a stretchy girls size small :lol:

Sweet! Thanks so much... I don't care how small it is... if you want to give it up that is very nice of you! I'll PM you my addy
:worship:
Eek! :oops: No tradey for me then! Pabla just gets a free patch. I ain't wearing no stretchy girly shirt even if it does have Maiden on it! :Spin: