Mainstream Bands that Don't Suck

Radiohead
Sigur Ros (I dont consider them commercial but they are popular)\
Tool
Coldplay
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Dave Matthews band (well they arent that commercial either but are one of the biggest selling bands in the US)
Incubus
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Arcade Fire
Muse
The Smashing Pumpkins
Perfect Circle

I've got at least one album (some, more than one album) that I enjoy from these bands:

Keane
Dave Matthews Band
Blackfield (over here they're quite mainstream)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bullet For My Valentine
Queen
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Funeral For A Friend
Seether
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Creed
Everlast
U2
Tom Waits
Morcheeba
Death Cab For Cutie
Probably are more though...

good bands, obviously except MCR. total shit. half of you people wouldnt fucking dare mention them if NFU didnt.

Joey and i have breifly talked about this awhile back. Not to think im all special or anything. But i got into MCR's new cd before he mentioned it on the message boards. However his liking of the record cemented the fact that its a great peice of music, and that half of these idiots dont know a good ROCK record if it swung down and hit them in the face.

I've got at least one album (some, more than one album) that I enjoy from these bands:

Keane
Dave Matthews Band
Blackfield (over here they're quite mainstream)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bullet For My Valentine
Queen
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Funeral For A Friend
Seether
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Creed
Everlast
U2
Tom Waits
Morcheeba
Death Cab For Cutie
Probably are more though...

good ones, definitely. "atlantic" on keane's "under the iron sea" is one of the most badass tracks ive heard this time around

Radiohead, Mars Volta, Coheed & Cambria (not sure how "mainstream" they are, but most people have heard of them), and *AHEM* I would actually agree with Seance's comment on MCR... the stuff they did in the past was pretty much whiny emo, but "The Black Parade" really is a solid rock album