Males and Females

If you're a bitch and you carry a switchbade, guess i got one to. I don't fuck around.

gifts.jpg

PS: what about if you're a dude? what should you bring?

Gift-giving is one of the biggest things that keeps me away from people. I hate it and anything else associated with debt and/or obligation.

Ever considered giving/receiving gifts without obligations but just because it's cute and human?

There's nothing cute about spending my money on other people with no expectation of receiving anything in return, unless maybe we're talking about inexpensive gifts for very young children still capable of expressing genuine emotions of gratitude. Outside of my immediate family (and even that is arguable), no one has ever given me a gift without strings attached. In the event of a friendship/relationship built on trust/expectation that each participant will appropriately gift each other in roughly equivalent value, the strings sort of fade into the background, but they still exist.

I give flowers to my friends sometimes, and little gifts if I know they'd be glad to have them. I've received flowers from my female friends as well, just when we meet for coffee and i swear it feels great to give and receive (if you care for that person ofc). Im not talking about diamond rings, of course. And ofc it's not for everybody, but ppl that are somewhat special to you.

It also helps to break the ice. See I brought gifts for DD and now he'll allow me to do things to him.

I'm bad. If I see something a friend might like I'll get it for them if I have it. Also, I'm the youngest of a big fucking family so I've been taught to do this too. I'm lucky my boyfriend is like this too because pretty sure I'd be in for a rude awakening if not. For example his mom and brother are coming over for thanksgiving so we went shopping to buy stuff to cook. I paid with my card but forgot a few things. He went back out to buy it and bought dinner. We never put dibs on shit because it ends up working out evenly the amount we spend on each other and being cheap just sucks

Reactions: ~Neurotica and CiG