Males and Females

I'll do you one up, I'd rather my sister have sex with one of my friends than a total stranger. I know my friends' histories.

No.. Even through that there's no wrong with my friends histories it would annoy the shit out of me with the knowledge that he would have undressed her and put their cock in her pussy. I'm extremely overprotecting when it comes to my little sister... I know that someone is gonna bang the shit out of her but I can't see me in the scenario if I would be at my sister's place and then one of my friends would come over to fuck her and the next day I'll have a beer with him like nothing.

I'm under the impression that you'd have the same reaction if any man was fucking your little sister, and that's an immature viewpoint to hold if she's of age. She's going to fuck people, and she's not the little girl you played with in the sandbox anymore, just as you're not that same boy.

That's true we're not but you're missing the point. She's already done it and I'm aware of it and cool with it but it would be annoying for me if it was with a friend of mine. I'm fine with someone that I'm just familiar with for example friends friend or someone I've met at a party or something but a friend of mine is a bit over the line. Anyway that doesn't really matter since they're nothing interesting for her.

Edit: But if she were it's not like I'm gonna be there and ruin it. If it happens, it happens. But it would as I've stated before annoying and awkward.

It has nothing to do with feelings of "owning" a woman. It's just a matter of basic friendship. How can you go and fuck someone that used to have a strong bond with your good friend? There's literally a billion women out there, and you had to go with HER? It's hurtful for your friend, and to say the FRIEND is selfish, is selfish in-of-itself because you are the one that's causing suffering.

I get this (and agree), but I don't think everyone has this optimistic a view on dating/options. Still baffles me - there's so much incest in my social circles, squicks me out, find new people instead of burning your own bridges etc.

But who cares! Live love get laid and don't multiply.

Yeah but the truth is most people get laid within small social networks. It's easier and safer.

And this idea of "friend" is somewhat childish and dependent. Don;t get me wrong having friends is nice but not to expect something like this to happen is overly optimistic and/or stupid. From a narrow perspective like this even the best people you know can be shit. The guy V5 is "friends" with has no idea how to conserve himself and is completely undignified. If he was a noble dude he'd say good for you both and move right along.

When you actually care about how happy a person is, you would break up with them if you knew you couldn't offer them what they wanted and needed. But if you would never actually consider doing that and focus on how great it is to "have" them, you're probably the type to dislike when anyone dates them besides you.

I don't know where the dating-as-possession mindset comes from, but my guess is pop culture.

Seeing tons of movies where the guy wants the girl just because she's pretty and things like her personality, her happiness, etc. don't factor in can do a lot.

When you actually care about how happy a person is, you would break up with them if you knew you couldn't offer them what they wanted and needed.

This is some of the sassiest shit I've ever read in my entire life. And I'm extremely surprised that only krampus agreed with me. I guess we just have a different idea of friendship than the horde of people who think it's totally cool to bang your friends ex/sister/brother/mother/father and still remain good friends. Each to his own I guess.

^Well, i do kinda agree but also think there's no way to make a general rule about that since each situation is vastly different. But i wouldn't want my best male friend banging my mom or anything. At the same time though, i've had friends date my "exes" that i wasn't serious with and i honestly didn't care. If my current bf and i were to ever break up, and one of my close friends decides to date him that would be messed up tbh since we were serious and 7 years is a damn long time. But if the person was with the another person for a couple months to a year i don't think its that big of a deal if a close friend dates em.

This is some of the sassiest shit I've ever read in my entire life. And I'm extremely surprised that only krampus agreed with me. I guess we just have a different idea of friendship than the horde of people who think it's totally cool to bang your friends ex/sister/brother/mother/father and still remain good friends. Each to his own I guess.

What makes your argument so abrasive and difficult to agree with is how you seem to harbor a viewpoint that having sex with someone is the greatest dishonor you can do to that person's relative. It's nothing I'll ever agree with, because I consider it to be a natural part of life. As long as intercourse is taking place consensually between two adults, I don't see why it should or how it can harm anyone who didn't take part.

I agree.

First of all, Im not gonna fuck my friends mom. Anyway, out of respect for my friend, unless his sister and I truly connect and have things in common- assuming shes also interested- im not going chase after her. But if we really get along and share things, why should I not be allowed to date, and maybe fuck her? If hes my friend he should see this and be able to accept it. As Eligos said, sex isnt a bad thing, the fact that people get SO worked up over something like that is ridiculous.

Guys, you'd better get familiar with tonight's episode of Louie, "So Did The Fat Lady." It's going to be a thing. Fortunately, it was a brilliant episode of tv that has something for everyone. It speaks plenty to the dating struggles of anyone who feels unwanted, so it's far from a guilt trip.

TI'm extremely surprised that only krampus agreed with me. I guess we just have a different idea of friendship than the horde of people who think it's totally cool to bang your friends ex/sister/brother/mother/father and still remain good friends. Each to his own I guess.

Coming in late here, but I pretty much agree with you also. Certain circumstances or personalities can allow for this sort of thing to happen and for everyone to be relatively fine, but usually it's going to cause jealousy and resentment and kill friendships quickly. It's base level human reaction. Zeph also pretty much agreed with you btw.

I only just read Andy's post tonight, and the thing that struck me with it was how quickly he wrote off this supposed 'best friend' of his because he was pissed about the situation after finding out. How does he know that this guy didn't still have feelings for her? Surely Andy's best move would be to understand that his best friend is pissed instead of going 'oh well, fuck him'. Of course the guy is going to be hurt by the situation. It's his ex and his best friend.

What makes your argument so abrasive and difficult to agree with is how you seem to harbor a viewpoint that having sex with someone is the greatest dishonor you can do to that person's relative. It's nothing I'll ever agree with, because I consider it to be a natural part of life. As long as intercourse is taking place consensually between two adults, I don't see why it should or how it can harm anyone who didn't take part.

It's quite obviously got more to do with than just the sex.

I'll do you one up, I'd rather my sister have sex with one of my friends than a total stranger. I know my friends' histories.

I wouldn't want most of my friends having anything romantic to do with my sister because I know their histories. :p

I think a lot of it has to do with what you feel your options are and how confident you are about yourself in the dating world. And then there are all those weirdos who like to be friends first.

Coming in late here, but I pretty much agree with you also. Certain circumstances or personalities can allow for this sort of thing to happen and for everyone to be relatively fine, but usually it's going to cause jealousy and resentment and kill friendships quickly. It's base level human reaction. Zeph also pretty much agreed with you btw.

Same rationale behind having sex with coworkers or dating coworkers. It can and never will be 'just sex' and if you date it won't be normal at all afterwards, especially if you have to interact with them somehow.

@Satanstoenail, I didn't immediately say "fuck him", his response to finding out was to tell his ex that he couldn't be friends with either of us if this was going to be a thing. I think that demonstrates a real lack of understanding about what's going on. It's not like I snagged up his ex 2 weeks after they dated; they'd been dating for like 6 months, he moved across the country (and in some conversations with him prior to moving, he had mentioned part of it was to get away from the emotions that dating her caused him due to their incompatibility) and they'd been separated for several months at that point. I seriously didn't think he had any more romantic feelings for her. I don't think I really have to "ask permission" in that case, but maybe I'm being insensitive.

Also, he left me a voicemail the other night that said "we're still like brothers and I'll always love and respect you but for as long as you're with her, we can't be friends."