Males and Females

When I broke up with my girl back in 2008 I was drinking and popping painkillers like a maniac. Can't say it was a bad time haha. Haven't had it in a long time but fuck do I love oxycodone.

This is why I like forums, really like reading about other people's experiences. Never went through a legitimate breakup, just a dude who I really liked and thought things were going well completely did a 180 and basically turned me down. It fucked with me really bad; and at the time, i didn't drink at all so i just listened to a ton of music and tried to stay productive. But still was going pretty crazy since my mind is extremely analytical and critical. It might be easier when you try to keep yourself busy and focused on your own betterment. You do get curious every once in awhile, but i'm sure once you set a goal like, "i won't speak to such and such for this amount of time" or "during this time i'm going to work on this about myself" it gets easier. Also, hitting up good friends is always a good idea, sometimes i, myself, forget most of them are just a text away.

Yeah, that relationship did a number on me. I'm still wrestling with some of the subconscious backlash, particularly night terrors. This too shall pass.

I've always wondered what a night terror would be like, or sleep paralysis for that matter. I'm boring and only on extremely rare occasion remember a dream. (Even though I had a strange recurring one as a kid)

Cool man, happy to hear everything worked out in the best way possible.

As for me, I finally manned up and broke up with my girlfriend, for good this time. I feel a mixture of relief, sadness and anger. Of course the breakup went how must of our fights go, a lot of unproductiveness by the way of just bitching at each other. I wanted to have a smooth transition, for both of our healing to start on a healthy note but instead it's started on a anger filled note which leaves me wanting to be anything but nice to her. However, this does motivate me and reassure me that this decision is for the best.

Now comes the hard part. Got fucking blackout drunk last night because the sadness came in. I really did love her, as crazy as our relationship was, and cared for her a great deal. But the post breakup blues are setting in hardcore. All those things I took for granted are now no longer, I look back at all the good times, and look back at all the bad times, especially how I was a piece of shit a lot of the time and I get very very depressed and hard on myself. Hence why I drank fucking so heavy last night.

Just gotta stay strong and not get back together with her.

Find a rebound chick. Works wonders, especially if she's going through the same things you are.

I've noticed that some girls will be flirting and not even realizing they are. Like they think they're just talking, but a guy would obviously be turned on by it. she was just drunk/being silly/whatever

this^^
happens all the freaking time

it's really ficking annoying

LG and I are back on long-distance, even more so than last semester because I'm less likely to be able to afford flying to New England and back for monthly visits, that and I have a busier schedule that prevents me from skipping town/classes to do so.

It's been a bit of an adjustment, since we spent almost four solid months of summer together, almost every day. But we never got sick of each other because the first few months of the relationship were long-distance and an investment that paid off this summer and made our bond strong as ever.

I'm relying on positive habits to keep me going: focusing on my classwork/teaching, cooking healthy meals, and exercising daily. I'm going to limit my drinking to Friday nights or whenever I get a weekend escape to party with Schmidt and company.

We've been in the habit of brief phone calls before bedtime and Skyping a couple times each week. I'm confident we can persevere through it, even if I might not see her until November or even December. Might try to steal a weekend in October but that will really push it.

LG and I are back on long-distance, even more so than last semester because I'm less likely to be able to afford flying to New England and back for monthly visits, that and I have a busier schedule that prevents me from skipping town/classes to do so.

It's been a bit of an adjustment, since we spent almost four solid months of summer together, almost every day. But we never got sick of each other because the first few months of the relationship were long-distance and an investment that paid off this summer and made our bond strong as ever.

I'm relying on positive habits to keep me going: focusing on my classwork/teaching, cooking healthy meals, and exercising daily. I'm going to limit my drinking to Friday nights or whenever I get a weekend escape to party with Schmidt and company.

We've been in the habit of brief phone calls before bedtime and Skyping a couple times each week. I'm confident we can persevere through it, even if I might not see her until November or even December. Might try to steal a weekend in October but that will really push it.

find a way to make the skyping every single day and you'll be fine

When I broke up with my girl back in 2008 I was drinking and popping painkillers like a maniac. Can't say it was a bad time haha. Haven't had it in a long time but fuck do I love oxycodone.

For me it was a mix of beer (both good and shitty) and klonopin. I'd be embarrassed if I heard my message. Now I think she's mad at me... she told me she doesn't like heavy drinking... :erk:

Cool man, happy to hear everything worked out in the best way possible.

As for me, I finally manned up and broke up with my girlfriend, for good this time. I feel a mixture of relief, sadness and anger. Of course the breakup went how must of our fights go, a lot of unproductiveness by the way of just bitching at each other. I wanted to have a smooth transition, for both of our healing to start on a healthy note but instead it's started on a anger filled note which leaves me wanting to be anything but nice to her. However, this does motivate me and reassure me that this decision is for the best.

Well you definitely made the right decision. Now you just have to go through the motions.

Now comes the hard part. Got fucking blackout drunk last night because the sadness came in. I really did love her, as crazy as our relationship was, and cared for her a great deal. But the post breakup blues are setting in hardcore. All those things I took for granted are now no longer, I look back at all the good times, and look back at all the bad times, especially how I was a piece of shit a lot of the time and I get very very depressed and hard on myself. Hence why I drank fucking so heavy last night.

Just gotta stay strong and not get back together with her.

Yeah man, it'll be rough for a while, but you'll learn a lot about yourself as you move away from the relationship. And you'll always have the positive experiences you shared with her. I'm sure at the moment they feel like "poisoned memories" so to speak, but with distance that will change. Every human relationship ends at some point, but as long as you're alive you can always go back and draw from your past relationships.

And as for the negatives and things you feel you did wrong, it's a good idea to evaluate why those things happened and what factors led you to do those things so you grow from it in the future. But for now just get drunk and go through the motions.