Martin Axenrot

Yes. Yes.

He didn't pull it off perfectly when I saw him, but they'd been with Lopez for like 2 weeks. The guy's an accompolished drummer with several bands he might not play Lopez' parts in the same way as Lopez every time but I'm sure the guy pulls it off just fine.

First time i saw Axenrot, he didn't seem to do all the double bass parts.. Second time i saw him, the only thing that lacked at all was the style.. Obviously he cannot recreate Lopez' feel. He is still very good though.

He doesn't play Leper Affinity or The Drapery as well as Lopez. But from what I can tell, he's near perfect on everything else.

All I know is that when they played When last year right after Lopez left, it was really slow. Painfully slow. I'm not musically inclined enough to recognize whose fault that was, but I'm guessing it was the drummer.

yeah he had a reliable tendency to set overly slow tempos a lot of times - but that was a year ago now, that problem is long gone as far as I know

last time i saw him, he set some tempos a little slow (deliverance) and he played some slow parts too hard and fast (Closure)

flu boy said:
Who me?...North Dakota...
great sig. Peter Stormare FTW "Vee Dub! Representing Deutchland!"..even tho he reps sweden..

The first time I saw him I was ready to say he wasn't fitting for Opeth. Everything was slowed down. The second time I was blown away with his perfection. I'm now excited to see what he can bring to the Opeth table, even though I'll always miss Martin. Bring on the Axe!!

Martin > Martin

To me, Axe seems like more of a technical drummer than Lopez. I didn't feel much of a difference between when I saw them with Lopez and when I saw them with Axe, except for maybe the transitions.

The one thing I think that most people have overlooked is the happiness of the rest of the members of Opeth. They now have a drummer that is solid and reliable, and can play as many shows as they wish. It is giving them a "peace" of mind that Lopez could not give them.

Led Opeth said:
last time i saw him, he set some tempos a little slow (deliverance) and he played some slow parts too hard and fast (Closure)

great sig. Peter Stormare FTW "Vee Dub! Representing Deutchland!"..even tho he reps sweden..

On NYC GIGANTOUR date Sept.28th he fucked up Deliverance!!! He played it SO slow i couldn't take it!!! Martin Lopez is IRREPLACEABLE!!! And that's not JUST my opinion!