Martin Mendez= Kickass Bassist

Moon_City said:
Yeah that would be interesting, it's not really happening all that much anymore unfortunantly. Hey if you're into Cynic, Atheist, Death and all that, I strongly recommend the band Alarum, they're from Australia, and they're being hailed as the new Cynic. They're damn good, probably one of the most technical bands around today, extremely good bass player.

damn, i'm about to d/l them then.

Moon_City said:
Yeah that would be interesting, it's not really happening all that much anymore unfortunantly. Hey if you're into Cynic, Atheist, Death and all that, I strongly recommend the band Alarum, they're from Australia, and they're being hailed as the new Cynic. They're damn good, probably one of the most technical bands around today, extremely good bass player.
Just heard two of their songs from their new album, provided on their website. They sound like they got all the makings to become the successor to Cynic, but it's a little to ADD-like in their structure and it needs to be more cohesive and longer. But my initial impression is that these guys can play and have the potential to make memorable music. Thanks for the recommendation. :headbang:

Yeah that's what I thought, I think they're against the whole idea of extremely long songs in the progressive metal genre, they just like to make it short and sweet I guess, to get to the point. The album Eventuality as a whole is damn good though.

have you not watched the lamentations documentary? he has trouble playing a piss easy riff hahaha what a loser

^ i bet that was the first time he was really learning it... if you didn't know how to play that strange combination of notes you wouldn't get it right first either

cannibal corpse bassist is good too

and lol at point made about mendez struggling, it probably WAS his first bash and immediately afterwards he problably had it nailed.

Oinkness said:
Sure, he's good.... but he doesn't play very fast, and there are a lot of better Bass Players.

yeah and that's all that really matters.

man, you're dumb. please stop talking about music before your idiocy completely destroys mankind.

Nairolf said:
cannibal corpse bassist is good too.

Yea, Alex Webster is a great bassist.His basslines are awesome and technical,very talented bass player.Check out Chris Richards too.(Suffocation).He plays with 4 finger style:)

i HAVE A QUESTION. HOW DO WE KEEP UP WITH SO MANY GREAT BANDS?. I HAVE OVER 400 CD'S, AND I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO METAL FOR 28 YRS AND IT'S REALLY HARD TO LISTEN TO THEM ALL.
METAL FUCKING FOREVER.

how about NOT using caps all the time?

else, yea, i got the same problem. i got too many great cds. sometimes i want to listen to 10 albums at the same time but barely have the time for two or three...

tip ^ put all on a random playlist, its not ideal but it certainly helps

I've never really gotten into suffocation, im not sure but i havnt, i shall check it out though. And alex webster (thats his name!) si very good but why everyone thinks hammersmashed face is the hardest is beyond me