Maryland Deathfest VII

Well even with the greater diversity in styles they've booked lately, brutal death and straight grind bands have always kinda been the backbone of the fest to one degree or another. Some have been great, others not so much. The impact of even some of the better ones sometimes wears thin after 12 hours of blast beats turning your brain into creamed corn, but it's still better than all the third-tier melodic core bands that some fests get padded with.

Well even with the greater diversity in styles they've booked lately, brutal death and straight grind bands have always kinda been the backbone of the fest to one degree or another. Some have been great, others not so much. The impact of even some of the better ones sometimes wears thin after 12 hours of blast beats turning your brain into creamed corn, but it's still better than all the third-tier melodic core bands that some fests get padded with.
Other than 2003, there hasn't been that much brutal death metal on the fest.

Other than 2003, there hasn't been that much brutal death metal on the fest.

I wasn't implying that, just that it's always had a presence since there have usually been around 5 such bands most years. It's just one of those things you expect each year along with grind (which there's definitely more of these days). The rest is kinda miscellaneous.

n1658040633_481297_7850.jpg

Catheter fucking rules, and if they or FUBAR or even Mindflair or some other awesome grind band played MDF in 09 I'd be psyched. Also Ingrowing and Squash Bowels were the two best grind bands who played 08 and further prove that Eurogrind kicks fucking ass.

Catheter fucking rules, and if they or FUBAR or even Mindflair or some other awesome grind band played MDF in 09 I'd be psyched. Also Ingrowing and Squash Bowels were the two best grind bands who played 08 and further prove that Eurogrind kicks fucking ass.
They're working on a couple awesome bands from the Czech Republic, so the Eurogrind will be in full effect.