Maryland Deathfest XI: May 23-26, 2013

Are you going to MDF 2013?

• Definitely going - want to share a room.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Definitely going - do NOT want to share a room.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Probably going - want to share a room.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - want to share if I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Probably not going.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Definitely not going.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

KafkaX

Mr. Self Destruct
May 17, 2010
Planet Earth, Milky Way
MDF XI
May 23-26, 2013

at Former Sonar Compound:

!T.O.O.H.! (Czech Republic)
ABIGAIL (Japan)
AHUMADO GRANUJO (Czech Republic)
AMBASSADOR GUN
ANHEDONIST
ANTAEUS (France)
AOSOTH (France)
ASCENSION (Germany)
ASTHMA CASTLE
BENEDICTION (UK)
BOLT THROWER (UK)
BROKEN HOPE
CARCASS (UK)
CARPATHIAN FOREST (Norway)
COBALT
CONVULSE (Finland)
CRUCIAMENTUM (UK)
DEIPHAGO (Philippines)
DOWN
EXODUS
EVOKEN
GLORIOR BELLI (France)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
IHSAHN (Norway)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
INIQUITY (Denmark)
INTEGRITY
KOMMANDANT
LOSS
MANILLA ROAD
(the) MELVINS
MIDNIGHT
MORGION
NECROPSY
THE OBSESSED
PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
PELICAN
PENTAGRAM
PIG DESTROYER
REPULSION
REVENGE (Canada)
RIGHTEOUS PIGS
SLEEP
SPEEDWOLF
UFOMAMMUT (Italy)
VENOM (UK)
VINTERLAND (Sweden)
WEEDEATER

at Baltimore Soundstage:

CITIZENS ARREST
CONVERGE
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
EDDIE BROCK
FEASTEM (Finland)
FULL OF HELL
GEHENNA
HEARTLESS
HELLSHOCK
ILSA
INFEST
IRON LUNG
KROMOSOM (Australia)
LIKE RATS
MAGRUDERGRIND
MASSGRAV (Sweden)
OLD LINES
ROTTEN SOUND (Finland)
SETE STAR SEPT (Japan)
TINNER (Finland)
TRAGEDY
VITAMIN X (Netherlands)
WAKE (Canada)
WEEKEND NACHOS

I dont think anyone has started a MDF XI thread yet to talk about bands, hotel arrangements, etc.

Just saw a post from MDF's Facebook about The Radisson offering a discount, figured its time to start planning and booking a room, fuckers!

"So far, the Radisson in downtown Baltimore has been willing to offer MDF attendees a rate of $119/night during the fest weekend. While that may not seem like a great discount, it isn't bad, considering MDF takes place on a holiday weekend and the hotels know that their rooms will fill up even at inflated rates.
To get the Radisson discount, just request the "MDF Fan Block" when calling the hotel to make a reservation. The phone number is (410) 539-8400.
When/if any other nearby hotels are willing to come down to earth and offer a rate that isn't completely stupid, we'll let you know.
"

I wonder if the rates for the Tremont are going to be even higher this year than last year, but when we have so many people in each room like we've had in the past few years, $150 per person for the whole fest seems like a pretty sweet deal given the proximity to the Sonar, Food, Liquor Stores, and the Alewife Tavern for Andy and I to get our craft beers on!

I know the Radisson is close to the venue as well, as is the Holiday Inn Express.

Anyways, I'm fucking going. I was fucking going when I saw that Pagan Altar and Manilla Road were announced. Two of my favorite bands. Fuck me in the ass.

So yeah, definitely going and definitely want to share a room. I think I may be bringing a LOT more people this year from Peoria than ever before, and I know some other friends from my school are going and will likely party with us one or two of the nights. It's going to be insane.

Hey all, I was there in May, came in last minute to see Electric Wizard. I slept in the closet and loved it. This year I'm in for all 4 days--fucking UFOmammut and Sleep!--and I'm definitely looking to save some cash on room and transport.

Going, want to share a room.

Matt also said he wanted to go but I haven't talked to him since he hit the road back in September.

Hey now! Don't leave me out of that haha

And Dave and Bleull and (this year) nigga Guy.

Also, who the fuck are these new people interested in staying? THIS IS AWESOME!

My favorite memory of MDF 2012 was waking up Friday morning to Cody and his friend banging on our fucking door at like noon and just bursting in handing everyone in the room beers. I remember still laying in my sleeping bag, crushing a Natty Boh. That's kinda like all I remember from Friday afternoon until Godflesh...

I won't be able to make it for the whole weekend, but I plan on going Saturday. Could I room with you guys for just Saturday night? I'll be 21 btw.

Im sure we will accommodate you bro, no worries.

Hey now! Don't leave me out of that haha

ITs ok David, he left me out too lol

My favorite memory of MDF 2012 was waking up Friday morning to Cody and his friend banging on our fucking door at like noon and just bursting in handing everyone in the room beers. I remember still laying in my sleeping bag, crushing a Natty Boh. That's kinda like all I remember from Friday afternoon until Godflesh...

Fuck yeah Schmidt! :kickass:

The lights were still off in the room, I believe the only one awake was Dan playing Diablo lol

LOL fucking Dan playing Diablo.

I also remember me, Bleull, Guy, Andy, Dan, Dave, and I don't know who else just dying listening to this over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
We also played Creed Shreds 3 and 4 on a regular basis, it never stopped being funny. There was also a moment in the early morning where it was just me and Andy awake, and someone farted, prompting me to whisper "AH DOO DOO PIEEE", with much hilarity. And yeah, Cody's beer wake-up call after I had blacked out about 5 hours previous was fucking priceless. Schmidt is right about how many people we know from Illinois that are talking about coming; we might have to take like, three cars.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you have the means to come and you choose not to, you're a goddamn asshole.