Maybe you guys can explain Orphaned Land to me...

Silent Spirit

Sup Dudes!
Dec 5, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Hi! I've heard of Orphaned Land before coming to this forum, but I am confused about the band. I read in one place on their webpage that they choose to priase God with their music (which I like; I'm Christian), but in another place they said their music is like "a tango between God and Satan." Could someone explain that to me? As I said, I'm Christian, so I don't like blasphemy in my metal, so I don't really want to get into these guys if they are praising God on one hand, and advocating Satan on the other.

hmmm...
i guess that Kobi will answer you question the best way.
but until he sees this thread.. they dont worship satan, Kobi (and maby some of the other band members) is pretty religious and their lyrics is about god and religion.

Hello and welcome :)

One of Orphaned Land's aims is to make a unifications, if it is with cultures and same with religions, east and west and also light and darkness.
Water and fire cannot get along together, Orphaned Land is like a channel that sucseed to transform fire and water all together without cancelling the other (I hope you understand what Im saying, it's not easy)
We are not worshipers of Satan but on the other hand we are not preachers of religions, we simply use aspects from ALL (including conflicts) and we do it in such a harmony that the conflict is banished and you get a colourful, reach, multi cultural, non bounderies and a universal piece of art and I'll reveal you a secret - thats what happen when you find a channel to combine conflicts in harmony, i wish people from our region will learn how to do it with their life, we will find peace and prosperity tomorrow... :)

Welcome in Silent Spirit:wave: .Without the evil no good exists and the opossite. Goog thought is based on the actions of a bad thought and the opossite. The opossite sites of a question brings the result of a good or an evil thought that answers our way of living and thinking. Orphaned Land is a band balanced on two sites to give only good out of everything. OL care about this world more that many people think they care and unfortunately bring the worlds destruction. Caring is loving...that is one of many good things that OL message to us all!!! Far from relegions and nations hate!!! Peace to all!!! :)

part of The Evil Urge
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In us all there are two separate sides
That which is evil and that which is good
Some people live by one side and others by the second
Both of them have a little bit of the other
But it must remain clear that the two depend on each other
Remember, evil is a part of the good and not the opposite
There is no sadness without joy and there is no joy without pain
There is no holy without impure and there can be no blasphemy without
holyness,
Thus the two sides must live in harmony
Unbalanced forever the evil urge brought lots of pain
It is so hard to defeat it
The evil urge sometimes arrives with heavy boots
And sometimes in gentle cat's steps
And even through blessed deeds it can drive you into deeds of wrong
A here is the one which concurs his urge
And so we must wonder what shall be the faith of the man who destroys one
and embraces the other...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
no comment :)

Haha, woo! I didn't think it was going to a be cut and dry answer, but that's more than I bargined for. Thanks for all the info, it sounds very intricate and interesting, I'm definately gonna check these guys out. Peace to all! (as one post said)