Megadeth

BlackMetalTyrant

CHECK OUT THESE MUSCLES!!
Jul 10, 2005
Im fucking obbsessed with Megadeth, I have on ove there songs playing in my head alot of the time, Dave Mustaine is my Hero, who else likes them. I think they are one of the best Metal Bands ever, definetly the best Thrash Bands, all there albums kick ass except risk, and thats cd's like a 6/10.

I think some of their stuff absolutley kicks ass, other stuff is pretty good. Peace sells, So Far So Good So What, and Rust In Peace are some of my favorite CD's in all of heavy metal. Killing is my buisnes is good, but i havent gotten around to buying it... I own countdown, but Its a little to comercial for me.

Dave Mustaine is an amazing song writer, a damn good rythm guitarist and a great singer.

It sucks that Dave chose to follow Metallica's path of getting softer... I know you cant make the same style of music over and over again, but experimenting or taking the band in a new direction doesnt have to mean its softer... basically you can see from KIMB to Rust in Peace there was a transition from less punky to more technical... if they'd followed this more, instead of going from technical to poppy.... well, the world will never know.

I'm getting thuroughly sick of Dave Mustaine. Symphony of Destruction is the only song I can handle.

It was wicked to see Megadeth came back in 2004 with there ass kicking thrash style, lets see if metallica can pull that out of there ass, or are they too far gone.....

I have not been too impressed by anything since Countdown, but I have heard a few songs from the new one that sound ok. Sanctury is so horrid about pushing their bands that I never was sent a promo to review it, so I am waiting to see if I can get it super cheap on eBay.

Leiland said:
It was wicked to see Megadeth came back in 2004 with there ass kicking thrash style, lets see if metallica can pull that out of there ass, or are they too far gone.....

I dont think metallica will make another album

Megadeth absolutely rocks. Risk was their worst album they released. It was too commercial and simply just crap. But Rust In Peace, Peace Sells but Who's Buying?, So Far, So Good, So What and Killing Is My Business were all masterpieces, though Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia were also great. Their releases after that were still quite good, yet nothing compared to their earlier work. They certainly made a excellent comeback with The System Had Failed. The only entirely bad album was Risk in my opinion.
Dave Mustaine is a great guitarist, great song writer... although his vocals aren't the greatest. Though still, the man remains a genius.

I hated his vocals when I first started listening to Megadeth, but after time I learned to appreciate them. And appreciate the fact that he can play and sing songs like Holy Wars at the same time. Which is why I really wanna see Megadeth live, to bad Gigantour isnt coming to DC...

Eternal Flames said:
Megadeth absolutely rocks. Risk was their worst album they released. It was too commercial and simply just crap. But Rust In Peace, Peace Sells but Who's Buying?, So Far, So Good, So What and Killing Is My Business were all masterpieces, though Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia were also great. Their releases after that were still quite good, yet nothing compared to their earlier work. They certainly made a excellent comeback with The System Had Failed. The only entirely bad album was Risk in my opinion.
Dave Mustaine is a great guitarist, great song writer... although his vocals aren't the greatest. Though still, the man remains a genius.

I couldn't agree with what you said more. Perfect.

Life Sucks said:
I only really like Rust in Peace and Peace Sells. The other stuff, meh. Overall, I can think of many thrash bands better than them.

I suggest you check out the remixed version of their debut (done well before the recent remix campaign) and revisit that album if you haven't already. It has since become my personal favorite Megadeth album.