Megadeth?

strik9 said:
I agree. I thought TWNAH was a small move in the right direction. Warhorse and Return To Hangar I really liked.

I love Return to Hangar. A lot of people give it shit because it is a "sequel" to one of there greatest songs. Had it been released with a different title and 10 years ago, I am sure people would have sang its praises much more highly. Just my opinion.

HELLBENTFORLEATHER said:
I love Return to Hangar. A lot of people give it shit because it is a "sequel" to one of there greatest songs. Had it been released with a different title and 10 years ago, I am sure people would have sang its praises much more highly. Just my opinion.
Exactly. It was a thrashier song than anything Megadeth had played in a long time imo. That to me was at least a step in the right direction following the godawful Risk. It'd be cool if they make a complete return to form which they have yet to do. The last two had some good stuff, but too much mid-late 90s style Megadeth still imo.

I wish every band would return to what they used to do. Except the bands that sound the same as they did 20 years ago. They should move in another direction.

Hetfield and Mustaine should form a dueling banjo duo and get David Lee Roth to sing.

Dredd74 said:
I think Metallica always has and always will stomp the shit out of Megadeth. I dig Megadeth ALOT, but if I had a choice in who to see live I would always go with Metallica hands down. So, they've had a few shitty albums, so what, so has Megadeth. Regardless there's a reason people love Metallica, it's not because of Load, Re-Load, or St. Anger, those albums sold shit compared to the rest, so if anyone says that they wrote those for popularity they're a moron. Metallica over the years has wrote some fucking kick ass tunes, plain and simple. How can ya not get pumped when ya hear Damage Inc.??? They were the biggest metal band when Justice was released and have been there ever since. And like I said they have put out some mediocre shit over the years, but it's no bandwagon they jumped on, they are the fucking wagon, most metal bands followed in their shoes trying to gain popularity. How come nobody says shit about Anthrax hopping on the "reunion" bandwagon?? It's the trendy thing for bands to do now, but nobody says that's selling out, or Scott being on reality t.v. shows, come on people, get over it, every band is the same with shit. They're all out for money, for some, it worked in their favor automatically making them "sell outs", for others, it didn't work at all so that makes them true metal??? Gimme a fucking break.

:kickass:

Megadeth have been mediocre since the masterpiece that was Rust in Peace. In fact, they were pretty poor even before that.
Rust In Peace is such an incredible album I can't actually understand how Dave Mustaine wrote it, it's like a freak occurrence because NOTHING he's ever written has come close. And he's a fudd.

Stormwatch said:
Megadeth have been mediocre since the masterpiece that was Rust in Peace. In fact, they were pretty poor even before that.
Rust In Peace is such an incredible album I can't actually understand how Dave Mustaine wrote it, it's like a freak occurrence because NOTHING he's ever written has come close. And he's a fudd.
:zombie: no way megadeth has plenty of great albums

dave mustaine:worship: