Melbourne show

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Well, it wasn't quite as good as the Adelaide one sounded, with them trading off a lot of the older material in favour of newer stuff which was more friendly to an underage crowd. More friendly to the DVD they were filming for too I'd imagine.

I think I deserve a tr00ness medal... I had to sit through 2 hours of shitty nu-metal, right in the center pit area having dickheads jumping all over me whilst trying to block out the evil noises coming from in front of me, and also the stage antics.

When In Flames finally came on, things warmed up alot (for myself anyway) and I was actually able to somewhat get into the gigs. They played alot of newer material which I wouldn't give a second glance to normally, yet seeing as what I'd been subjected to for the former 2 hours, I decided to get into it anyway.

The only old shit they played was: Embody the Invisible, Clayman, Only for The Weak, Pinball Map and that track from Lunar Strain they play at every gig, who's name I keep forgetting today.

I could say In Flames' performance was good, despite them being tired as shit from the days before - they still made an attempt at getting the crowd going and it really worked, they thrived off our energy alot.

However, I'm still trying to work out whether the good counterbalanced the bad in that setup. Chimaira + unknown local shitty nu-metal act do not make for good opening bands.

I would have liked to see Infernal Method used as a national support. Chimaira was total shit. Someone tell me how they are different from the hundreds of other bands puttin out that generic hardcore sound. The crowd got into it tho.

There was no Food for The Gods, Moonshield or Gyroscope at the underage gig. I did omit Episode 666 however.

Can't believe how much of the crowd got into Chimaira, it was really disappointing. I can almost appreciate the generic death scene here now, after that.

I was at the overage show... they played 7 songs off STYE, 3 off R2R, 3 off Clayman, 1 off Colony (shame! that album owns), 3 off Whoracle, 1 off TJR and 1 off Lunar Strain (naturally).

Even though I don't like Chimaira... they put on the better show, it has to be said. They had twice the energy that In Flames did, and even the light show was better. The crowd did seem to get into them more, but I was standing to the side during their set and was in the pit for In Flames so it was hard to tell.

Basically.. it was far from the best show I've been to. The main plus point was the long setlist.. too many bands play only around 10 songs. Maybe I'm just getting a little bored with In Flames' music or something, but the whole thing just seemed a bit flat.

Wilhelm Klink said:
I would have liked to see Infernal Method used as a national support. Chimaira was total shit. Someone tell me how they are different from the hundreds of other bands puttin out that generic hardcore sound. The crowd got into it tho.

Alas, Infernal Method are no more. :cry: