Mellotronen 2008

Mike did say something before about special appearances. Maybe Steven doing a number with them is in the works. I was almost thinking that Lopez and Peter would be on the boat and play a song with them, ha. That would be cool, but not going to happen.

me and my girlfriend are rooming with two random swedish guys in a 4 person cabin, it ended up being $290 USD total for the two of us. It took me forever to get my passport over the summer to go to wacken, but i think times have shortened. I would get on the passport thing asap and also do an expedited application, which takes a little longer.

holy hell, i thought i'd end up being the only american on board. not only that, but you're from philly too?

i posted this in the Opeth forum as well, but i couldn't possibly pass it up since the sunday show (the 9th) is on my birthday. how many times does someone get to see his two favorite bands playing on a cruise ship during his birthday weekend?

a backpack.
new underwear and a toothbrush is all you need to get crvnkin.
(although honestly, i don´t plan to get übercrvnk this cruise... i really want to remember Mike singing brave.)

I just got to know that one of our cabinmates has backed out, so i have one place available in a cheap cabin if anyone wants it.
just tell me as soon as possible :)

holy hell, i thought i'd end up being the only american on board. not only that, but you're from philly too?

i posted this in the Opeth forum as well, but i couldn't possibly pass it up since the sunday show (the 9th) is on my birthday. how many times does someone get to see his two favorite bands playing on a cruise ship during his birthday weekend?

Yeah Opeth are Katatonia are two of my favorite bands, there is no way I would miss this. I'm out in the western burbs of Philly (Phoenixville). We'll be in Stockholm starting on the 6th :kickass:

i don't get into stockholm until the evening of the 7th. my hotel is right around the corner from where the melloboat warm-up party is, so i guess that's what i'll be doing with my friday night

it's crazy because i'm doing this completely by myself, so i'm going to feel very alone when i walk into that bar. hopefully i'll make some friends quickly

i don't get into stockholm until the evening of the 7th. my hotel is right around the corner from where the melloboat warm-up party is, so i guess that's what i'll be doing with my friday night

it's crazy because i'm doing this completely by myself, so i'm going to feel very alone when i walk into that bar. hopefully i'll make some friends quickly

Me and my girlfriend will be at the preparty, i have a beard, glasses, and will probably be wearing a clutch hoodie. come find us and ill buy you a beer. where in PA did you live?

in philly! that's why i reacted as such when i first saw that you were going, and not only were you from america, but you were a philly guy as well

the name's bill by the way, if you couldn't tell based on my (awful) screen name. i'll make sure to look for the bearded dude with glasses, but that may end up being 50% of the people there. i've got a beard as well, and i'll most likely be dressed like a slob and wearing a baseball cap. it should also be easy to pick me out one i enter the bar because i'm sure i'll have the look of a lost and tired man on my face

in philly! that's why i reacted as such when i first saw that you were going, and not only were you from america, but you were a philly guy as well

the name's bill by the way, if you couldn't tell based on my (awful) screen name. i'll make sure to look for the bearded dude with glasses, but that may end up being 50% of the people there. i've got a beard as well, and i'll most likely be dressed like a slob and wearing a baseball cap. it should also be easy to pick me out one i enter the bar because i'm sure i'll have the look of a lost and tired man on my face

sounds good...name's jeff, and most likely ill be the only one there rocking a clutch hoodie

So, what is everyone taking, as in suitcase or backpack wise? I am not sure which to take.

Here is my advice for how to survive this comfortably:

1. Pack a backpack, and nothing else (unless you have cameras, then you suffer like me)
2. In the backpack, put:

3 pairs of socks
2 pairs of underwear
1 long sleeve shirt
1 short sleeve shirt
1 small towel
1 deoderant
unopened package of instant coffee or several tea bags
toothbrush and toothpaste
passport
hotel confirmation
boat confirmation
map printout
airline confirmation
portable music player
cell phone
credit card
cash - exchange a moderate amount at the airport so you can use it for meals etc, that way you are not nickel and dimed by your credit card company for exchange or cash advance fees.

OK that is it. You should wear a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie, comfortable shoes if you will be walking around the city, and a pair of pants you don't mind being in for 4 days. If you have room in your pack, do not fill it. You will end up buying shit on the boat and will need a place to put it. In fact, if you know you will be buying shirts, you can delete 'shirt' off the packing list.

If you are a girl, or are travelling with a girl that has never done the global concert thing, you must stress the point about packing light and wearing one outfit for almost the entire trip or she will be miserable and you will be more miserable. Makeup should fit in a tiny bag and only consist of like 4 things. You do not need your own soap/shampoo, etc, its in the hotel room, and you can buy anything you need on the boat if necessary.

And finally, don't bring anything you value more than seeing Katatonia live, as it has a good chance of being lost or stolen, unless it can be securely fastened to your body.