Mellotronen 2008

Do did Mike actually join Katatonia for Murder or was that a rumor?
M.Å. joins in for a legendary rendition of "Murder"!
l_377b43c6b29a107d90e88591c8f455d2.jpg

thanks to the complete assload of awesome people i met on this boat, i had the greatest birthday that a person could ever possibly have. i had to have made 50 new friends this weekend, and with all the drinks people were buying me on my birthday, i got nice and drunk twice in one day. i'll have the majority of my pictures up on my myspace page within the next few days. to those of you i met and spent significant time with (camille, alex, mike, sabina, martin, jeff, etc.), make sure you get me all of your pictures!

@Madtinus What was the reason Steven Wilson was there?:lol: Looks like you had a tight grip on him in that pic...did you get to chat w/ him at all?

btw Badass pics! Stockholm looks amazing.

Well, here it is. I suppose that this is the first video that has been posted on the internet. My girlfriend and I shot it. After about a minute or so, I handed the camera over to my girlfriend. You can hear Stefan's drunken voice saying "This is a historical fucking momenet", "They're gonna play Murder, man" and "Take 100 pictures and send them to me". Haha, good stuff.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ the stefan and the steven wilson incident. He literally is either one of the quietest or arrogant people ive ever met. Ive never met him as a 'fan' either. Just so happens that one of my best and long time friends is the daughter of steve hogarth from marillion and steve is a family friend so i get free porc tree tickets(VIP PERIOEOEODDODOD) when they play. Whenever i meet them, i always talk to wes more and richard (usually about tool lol) because they are genuinely friendly and dont look at you like your beneath them. Steve always make it look like such a chore to talk to fans who really appreciate his music or whatever.

Well, here it is. I suppose that this is the first video that has been posted on the internet. My girlfriend and I shot it. After about a minute or so, I handed the camera over to my girlfriend. You can hear Stefan's drunken voice saying "This is a historical fucking momenet", "They're gonna play Murder, man" and "Take 100 pictures and send them to me". Haha, good stuff.

Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaBgeQ3un0Y

awesome video man :) the sound is much better than expected for that kinda filming right by the stage. didnt know the guitars were that out of tune haha

thanks to the complete assload of awesome people i met on this boat, i had the greatest birthday that a person could ever possibly have. i had to have made 50 new friends this weekend, and with all the drinks people were buying me on my birthday, i got nice and drunk twice in one day. i'll have the majority of my pictures up on my myspace page within the next few days. to those of you i met and spent significant time with (camille, alex, mike, sabina, martin, jeff, etc.), make sure you get me all of your pictures!
Hey Bill! I sent you a PM here on UM with a link to a zip with all my pics.
@Madtinus What was the reason Steven Wilson was there?:lol: Looks like you had a tight grip on him in that pic...did you get to chat w/ him at all?

btw Badass pics! Stockholm looks amazing.
I don't know, I guess he was just a guest there, he didn't perform. Haha, yeah, it was right after Katatonia, so the adrenalin was still flowing in my veins I guess :) I briefly talked to him, not very long, just told him I was a huge fan of him and asked if he enjoyed the Katatonia show, which he said he did.
lol @ the stefan and the steven wilson incident. He literally is either one of the quietest or arrogant people ive ever met. Ive never met him as a 'fan' either. Just so happens that one of my best and long time friends is the daughter of steve hogarth from marillion and steve is a family friend so i get free porc tree tickets(VIP PERIOEOEODDODOD) when they play. Whenever i meet them, i always talk to wes more and richard (usually about tool lol) because they are genuinely friendly and dont look at you like your beneath them. Steve always make it look like such a chore to talk to fans who really appreciate his music or whatever.
That was not my experience on the boat actually, I saw him talking to fans, take pictures with them and sign autographs all the time. Also when I went up to him he didn't seem to mind at all. I guess it my appear as if he's a bit arrogant or something because he is not extremely outgoing, he's a rather serious not too smiley person I guess, so that may occur to people as if he doesn't like to talk to fans. But on the boat he was around all the time, I saw him at the warm-up party and both days on the boat he was mostly out where the crowd was, watching he bands etc. If he'd wanted to hide and be left alone, he could have stayed backstage, but he didn't.

Bill! What's your myspace url?

:worship: :OMG::loco::Smokin::kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass:
Haven't got a lot more to say than that, it's awesome reading your adventures and meet ups!!! I'm quite sad I missed out on meeting all you guys though...
But reading and watching these nice pics is a good second best :)
More plzzz!!!!1

lol @ the stefan and the steven wilson incident. He literally is either one of the quietest or arrogant people ive ever met.

Yeah, he was quite annoyed at that moment. I have met him before a few years ago on the Porcupine Tree/Opeth Damnation tour, and he was great. He talked with us for a very long time, and he was obviously very friendly. So, maybe we just caught him at a bad moment. A lot of drunken people were probably bothering him all night, ha. Who knows.

Hey people, just getting home today. Our flight left Arlanda two hours late, so anyone in the Amsterdam airport this morning got to see Kathy and I nearly die running across it to make out flight to Newark. Stockholm is an amazing city! The cruise was incredible. I did get to meet a couple of you, I'm in one of the pics above with the Clutch hoodie. The biggest mistake of the trip was stay in the boat hotel in stockholm (mallarddrotningenn) after how rocky the boat was on sunday night. I'll post more later, but thanks for everyone who made my week in stockholm much more fun and enjoyable (swedes are the nicest people i have come across!)