I miss Japan
Sep 20, 2002
Hawaii
angelfire.com
I found this.... that's alot.

1. A Canorous Quintet
2. Ablaze My Sorrow
3. Absurd
4. All In Vain _ (swedish way death metal _)
5. Anata
6. Arch Enemy
7. Arise
8. Armageddon
9. At Dawn They Sleep
10. At The Gates
11. Auberon
12. Aurora
13. Behind The Scenery
14. Brimstone
15. Burden Of Grief _ (fast melodic death metal)
16. Buried Dreams _ (from Mexico _)
17. Cadacross
18. Callenish Circle _ (Heavy & Melodic Death-Doom)
19. Cardinal Sin
20. Carnal Forge
21. Ceremonial Oath
22. Chastisement
23. Children Of Bodom
24. Crown Of Thorns
25. Dark Lunacy
26. Dark Tranquillity
27. Darkane
Swedish death metal with thrash & industrial
influences
28. Dawn Of Dreams _ (Sweden)
29. Death Sentence
30. Diabolical
31. Dimension Zero
Melodic death "All stars project", featuring In
Flames, Crystal Age and Luciferion members
32. Disarmonia Mundi
33. Dispatched
34. Divine Souls
35. Duskfall -->from Sweden. Ex-Gates Of Ishtar.
36. Ebony Tears
37. Edge Of Sanity _ (Swedish death metal legend)
38. Embraced
39. Embracing _ (MelodicDeath with Progressive _)
40. Ensiferum
41. Enter My Silence
42. Eternal Autumn
43. Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
44. Everdawn
45. Exhumation _ (Russia)
46. Fatal Embrace
47. Flying
48. Gandalf _ (in a way of Entombed and Sentenced _)
49. Gardenian
50. Gates Of Ishtar(Swedish Melodic Death Metal _)
51. Guidance Of Sin _ ( ex- A Canorous Quintet _)
52. Hypocrite
53. In Blackest Velvet
ex- Night In Gales
54. In Flames
55. In Thy Dreams
56. Kaliban
57. Kalmah
58. Kristendom
59. Lead Weight _ (Techno Death Metal)
60. Liers In Wait
61. Magnum Carnage
62. Maze Of Torment
63. Merciless
64. Mourning Caress
65. Night In Gales
66. Nocturnal Winds
67. Non Serviam
68. Obsidian
69. Pandemonium _ (Swedish Melodic Death Metal _)
70. Raise Hell
71. Ruinvain
72. Sacrilege
73. Seducer's Embrace
74. Shadow _ ( japanese _)
75. Silence Dead
76. Sins Of Omission
77. Skyfire
78. Skymning
79. Soilwork
80. Suffering Down
81. Suidakra _ ( death power _)
82. Swordmaster
83. Taetre
84. The Crown
85. The Moaning
86. Thirdmoon
(somewhere in between of "in
flames", "samael", "hypocrisy" and
old "sentenced")
87. Throne Of Chaos
Melodic death metal a-la Children Of Bodom
88. Unanimated
89. Weeds In Vogue
90. Wishmaster
91. Withered Beauty
92. Withering Surface
93. Without Grief
94. Yyrkoon:OMG:

There is this one band who sounds pretty melodic. I got some GP3 (Guitar Pro 3) files of them and kind find the original songs fucking anywhere. Their name is Valkyrie and one song is Demon Soul. Anyone heard of this shit? Does it really exist?

BTW...You left out the foundation of Death Metal in your list, the godfathers/pioneers of death metal....who can I mean? The band Death. Ahhh yes, good old Chuck (R.I.P.).

bullshit..

first, CoB is more power metal/speed metal than death metal.. LOL death metal my ass

second, At The Gates are more of the Thrash sort..

Originally posted by Stygian Apothegm
what the fucking fuck gave you the fucking idea that cob is even remotely linked to death metal? hahah fucking moron. cob arent death metal at all what the fuck are you smoking. and at the gates isnt thrash. listen to suicidal tendencies, that's thrash. and cob aint power/speed either.

power metal: edguy

speed: metallica (kill em all)

if you are gonna speak up about something get your mother fucking facts straight you fucking idiot.

1)Of course CoB have some Death Metal influences, but only some.

2)Edguy are symphonic power metal. A classic power metal band is Helloween

3)Metallica (kill em all) is tech-thrash, not speed.

4)I don't like you

5)Fuck you !!

6)Who do you think you are?

thanks, a bloody death fucking metaller....

Originally posted by Sympozium
The only thing metal catagories are good for is starting arguments. :lol:

exactly man.

But this shit named with this stupid nick name "Stygian Apothegm" (it is ApoFthegm), who can't write english, is the worst "metaller" in the world.
He have heard one song of Children of Bodom and he is here to tell us his bullshit.
He's a newbie who all the day is listening to Iron Maiden and Helloween and Tool.
And i say to him to fuck off....fucking mainstream gay poser..

Death Metal is here to stay.....\m/

He writes, he's from Athens and Georgia, he doesn't even know where he is from.
Look at his face, he's like little baby who ate his shit !

He is from December here and has 1000 posts, that means that he is all the day surfing in the net and he doesn't do nothing else, except surf, eat and shit.

He has his own demo too, and whoever listens to what he has written will be laughing for 1 month.

He supposed to be a metaller, but he knows 3 bands.

Children Of Bodom which he heard from a friend from his school,
Iron Maiden because he likes Bruce's voice cause everyone says he has a nice voice.And last he knows Helloween because he bought the album "The Dark Ride" but it seemed to him very heavy.

He knows these 2 bands and he knows EVERYTHING about the metal scene.

He's a christian and is every night praying to his god before he goes in the bed.

Conclusion: Guys, don't give a fuck for him

My Opinion: He should fuck off...

hahaha you are gonna fill my days with amusement.

let me explain for you so you don't make an ass of yourself the next time you reply to me (even if it is indirectly).

apothegm is a variant of apophthegm, there's no such word as apofthegm, maybe you should learn english?

i own all children of bodom albums, plus tokyo warhearts, plus various bootlegs. and for future reference, it's "he has heard..." not "he have heard..."

a newbie? what do you think this is, a bunch of 12 year olds playing quake?

i love iron maiden. big influence on cob. i guess cob are gay posers too?

helloween i havent really heard much of, and i don't really like tool.

true i don't mind some mainstream stuff once in a while but 97% of my listening includes bands that 97% of the population has never heard of. i'm not really gay either, i like women as much as the next guy. sure i am able to express if a guy looks good or not, but that's only because im secure with my masculanity.

and poser... hmm i'm not exactly sure how you get that from text on a screen. i'll try to explain. um... let's see.. i listen to what sounds good and uhhh i dunno i guess that's about it.

hope that brought some insight into my life. maybe you can make less assumptions now and stop making yourself look like a fool.

Are you sure you want me to fill your days with amusement or to fill your ass with amusement? I won't make you this favour kid.

Of course there is word such as apofthegm, a Greek knows better than someone from (do you know where you are from?).

"He have heard" can be said too kid.

You know that 12 year olds are playing what? Quake? What the hell is that, are you playing this shit too?

You haven't really heard much of this band that made history? You must thank Helloween that there are CoB now.Everyone has heard Helloween at his first metal years.

Of course you love ONLY Iron Maiden, do you know any other band?

Yes, you have heard bands that 97% of the population haven't heard because the 97% are not metallers.But you have heard bands that every from this 3% have heard too.Good!

Please answer to everything i ask like your excellent demo that became number one in the American charts and over 1.000.000.000 people bought it.Tell us from your Christ or Allah or to whatever shitman you're under.

Go on you fool. Talk like a metaller or close this avatar that you have, it has sooooo much fun...

athens is a city in georgia. look it up on any map. i like my face.

What the fuck, did you steal the name of our ancient city??Bastards!!

most people know me as silent downfall. and i registered jan. 2002. if i didn't get banned about 4 times i would have maybe around 6000 posts by now. you almost nailed the routine of my life, except i have college too.

6000 posts? what the fuck, don't you a life out of internet?

anyone that actually tries to make fun of my music is only doing it to try to get a rise out of me. good or not i love making music.

Your music is sooo bad, why do you make it??

i could name everything in my cd collection if you'd like...? although i can't really get that much since i only have a 56k. i download all my stuff btw.

tell me what cds do you have.But no, you'll lie here.

i found cob on my own, no one around my area has heard of them. ive been trying to get other people into them forever. bruce has a good voice. helloween.. i dont really know them.

You don't know one of the biggest bands on earth?? What the fuck, are you a metaller??

:confused:

im atheist. used to be christian, but then i found out i could think for myself.

Good you foung that quickly before you die.

practice what you preach, maybe others will follow.

Stygian Apothegm:

CoB have power metal in their music..
They are not pure "melodic death metal"..

Compare Dark Tranquillity and CoB.. DT are pure melodic death metal, do they sound like cob? No? That's what I'm saying, horsefuck..