METAL 2008 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Both the first album and the new one are fantastic. The new one is less raw and more melodic, so it's easier to get into. It's definitely melodic black/doom.

They were a Depressive BM band, but now they've changed, that's why i didn't like their second album, i was waiting for another Depressive BM masterpiece.

Ughh, the term black/doom rarely works out.

I hate Nortt, btw.
I can't get into Nortt. I've tried. It pretty much sounds slow and dissonant to me, not depressing.

They were a Depressive BM band, but now they've changed, that's why i didn't like their second album, i was waiting for another Depressive BM masterpiece.
I'd still say they are bm. But they are more melodic now, and the production is less raw.

Scar Symmetry has always been horrible, I dunno why people who usually hate melo-death like them but I think it's just a case of disliking "melo-death" because of gay bands (funny cuz SS is pretty fucking gay also).

FUCKING DEPRESSINGLY AVERAGE.

It was going to be hard to top DPR, though. Let's just be honest here Andy

It's gay(scar symmetry). Im like 4 songs in and it's slower and more of a vocal-showoff-album, this is gay.

:mad:

Scar Symmetry has always been horrible, I dunno why people who usually hate melo-death like them but I think it's just a case of disliking "melo-death" because of gay bands (funny cuz SS is pretty fucking gay also).

Fuck you queer. SS is awesome

IBMathias

I don't like SS either. How the heck did a band so mainstream sounding actually get the approval from so many metalheads as being one of the greatest melodic death metal bands in the world? Although I admit Christian's is a very talented guitarist, all of his projects do nothing for me. He should just quit creating hundreds of worthless bands and give up playing music and leave it to the real dogs like Primordial.

Christian is a great clean singer and a good guitarist/songwriter but you're right, he's never done anything that REALLY shows his talents. The best things he's done have been Indefinite Soul-Extension by Unmoored which fucking kills it, and guest vocals on Zonaria's "Attending Annihilation".

Mike, you're right but...I had hope.

I heard Symmetric In Design at FYE and the clean vocals reminded me of Dan Swanö and musically like later Centinex and have no idea why I did not buy it. Damn

Not surprised by the Scar Symmetry hate here. Anyway, Holographic Universe sounds intriguing in my opinion. That's all.

The German Thrash legends Destruction will be releasing a new album called D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.
Tracklisting:

D.EVOLUTION
E.LEVATOR TO HELL
V.ICIOUS CIRCLE - THE 7 SEVEN DEADLY SINS
O.FFENDERS OF THE THRONE
L.AST DESPERATE SCREAM
U.RGE (the Greed of Gain)
T.HE VIOLATION OF MORALITY
I.NNER INDULGENCE
O.DYSSEY OF FRUSTRATION
N.O ONE SHALL SURVIVE

The new Thrash Masterpiece will get released in August/September worldwide. Stay tuned for more infos and a album trailer here soon!

Fuck yeah!!