METAL 2008 - OFFICIAL THREAD

I downloaded it to see what the fuss was about; couldn't even get through the first track, which was horribly fucking average from what I heard of it. I do NOT comprehend why everyone thinks this band is great. It's pretty fad-tastic imo.

I have heard and enjoyed plenty of black metal with normal headphones, and I only buy the lights out/tune in turn up drop out kind of thing for Burzum for the most part. But we'll see.

Dammit, they pushed back the new Darkspace street date to the 17th. I want it nowwwwww.

I already have mine. The limited digipack was released on the 30th and was available for preorder before that, but only through Sound Cave.

I downloaded it to see what the fuss was about; couldn't even get through the first track, which was horribly fucking average from what I heard of it. I do NOT comprehend why everyone thinks this band is great. It's pretty fad-tastic imo.

I still think it's really good. At first I didn't like the stuff I heard from them, but it grew on me when I listened to it again on headphones and just focused only on that.

I mostly ignore the metal scene, and used to even more, so I had no idea a lot of the bands I like were popular until I started using Last.fm and posting on sites like this.

I already have mine. The limited digipack was released on the 30th and was available for preorder before that, but only through Sound Cave.

I preordered mine through CD Universe. They keep pushing back the street date. You in Europe?

I preordered mine through CD Universe. They keep pushing back the street date. You in Europe?

I live in Florida. Sound Cave is the official store for Darkspace's record label, and the limited to 500 digipack version was only made available through them, and was limited to 4 per customer to make it difficult for other stores to sell it. Considering the delay in street date, you're likely getting a jewel case version since those were pressed after the digipacks were sold out.

The title of the new Shining album has changed. It's now going to be called VI: Klagopsalmer. The original title was going to be VI: Tillbaka På Ruta Ett.

Album art:
201221ie3.jpg

Track listing:
1. Vilseledda Barnasjälars Hemvist
2. Plågoande O'Helga Plågoande
3. Krossade Drömmar Och Brutna Löften
4. Fullständigt Jävla Död Inuti
5. Ohm - Skoj Att Leva
6. Total Utfrysning

Supposedly, there will be 6 vocalists. Likely candidates given Kvarforth's connections in the black metal scene are Maniac (ex-Mayhem), Nattefrost (Carpathian Forest) and Attila Csihar (Mayhem), but no official info has been given. King ov Hell from Gorgoroth will be playing session bass on this album.

Considering the ones I posted were just semi-educated guesses, it could turn out to be really cool.