Metal 2014

Some good selections here. So far the new Gridlink is the only album I'm into. Currently looking forward to new Origin, Agalloch, Vader and Tool.

The songs they've released from the new Animals As Leaders are pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is for all metal this year,not just what you like, Susan.

This year has been a little weak though, I will say. wtf happened to Pagan Altar releasing an album last year btw? This year? Ever?

Animals as Leaders seems to shave off more of their it factor, their je ne sais quoi, if you will, with every progressive album. At least Weightless had a decent single, but if this sneak peek is anything to go by, Tosin and Pals seem to be running out of original-sounding ideas. What I heard there was mostly rehashed Mastodon riffs and stereotypical tech death soloing.

This thread is for all metal this year,not just what you like, Susan.

This year has been a little weak though, I will say. wtf happened to Pagan Altar releasing an album last year btw? This year? Ever?

They did release that single late last year, so I have to assume a full length should be coming soon.

eyehategodselftitled2014cd_638.jpg

May 27 in North America on Housecore Records
May 26 in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on Century Media Records
May 21 in Japan on Daymare Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKpB7hdjXk

Yep Comatose Music is one of the top two brutal death metal distros in the world, imo. (The other being Sevared)

Wouldn't Animals as Leaders be considered djent, or do I just not know what djent is exactly?

That Eyehategod album cover is really nice.