Metal 2016

Presumably Motörhead's final release, Clean Your Clock, a live album, is dropping May 27th, there's gonna be another reissue of Scream Bloody Gore soon, there's a White Zombie boxset arriving on June 3rd, and there's a reissue of Virgin Steele's The House of Atreus Acts I & II on May 20th.

Lowe is boring as fuck in Candlemass. He sounds uninspired and bored. On stage he had to read the lyrics. Like, how the fuck do you not know every line to Solitude? Poser.

Did he fuck your mom or girlfriend or something? We get it. You don't dig him. Personally he's in my top vocalists of all-time and and as someone else stated Lowe carried them. Death Magic Doom is my favorite of the three and probably my 2nd favorite Candlemass album. Pslams for the Dead was a fitting final album. Lowe's vocals are reminiscent of the power of Dio's but he has more of an edge, a demented raspiness he can conjure up.

Anywho, the new Metal Church still reigns supreme for album of the year for me at this point.

It's also fucking terrible.

I hate when brutal death metal bands with a bit of technical flair push it farther and farther until they sound like technical deathcore brain rot.