Metal 2016

And you've certainly got a point about most classic thrash bands being nothing but meek shadows of what they once were, Destruction being no exception. Megadeth is roaring back with a vengeance though, talk about throttling back into the ring at Mach 10.

And you've certainly got a point about most classic thrash bands being nothing but meek shadows of what they once were, Destruction being no exception. Megadeth is roaring back with a vengeance though, talk about throttling back into the ring at Mach 10.

Yeah, except Dave's voice is running to catch up and failing miserably. The new guitarist is great but it's not Megadeth. New album is nearly unlistenable for these reasons. I can dig the instrumental bits if I don't think of it as Megadeth

It feels Megadeth to me, and I understand the complaints about Dave's singing, it's not even close to what it used be, for sure.

Overall, the album was meh in my mind, given the standard I hold Anthrax to given their prior output and status as a part of the American Big 4. But, honestly superior to anything Metallica's recorded since the Black Album, like the new stuff of a lot of classic thrashers.

New Grand Magus is certainly better than Triumph and Power! It has even better choruses, man I don't know any other band which choruses would stuck in my head so hard. Their creativity is just immense.

Reactions: Draehl and CiG